Season ticket holders - how many?

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Season ticket holders - how many?

Postby spartan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Would the Club be willing to publish information on its total number of Season Ticket holders for the 2011/12 season, and provide a rough split of the total between Adults, Over 65s, juniors and children?

The latest published accounts for year ending 30 June 2011 appear to show a surprisingly low £K figure for the value of advance season ticket receipts at that date.

Will the Chairman/ Board be providing any overview of the latest financial accounts to fans?
spartan

Re: Season ticket holders - how many?

Postby ianwhit » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm

We can't put anything out on the figures until the agm, there is an overview of the accounts ready to go at that time.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby spartan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Ian - just to give a bit of context to my question about ST numbers.

On 7 June 2011 Chris Hudson produced an article for the Shropshire Star including a quote from Sean Evans (ticket office supervisor) -
"We've sold about 2200 at the moment (not including the Sovereign Club) which is well up on where we were last year".

The article went on to state that Shrewsbury finished up with over 3000 season tickets including half-season tickets and 3 match ticket offers in 2010/11.

For the financial year which closed just over 3 weeks later, STFC reported advanced ST receipts of £398,000, which represented a fall of approx 10% on the previous year.

The price of season tickets increased year-on- year largely to reflect the increase in VAT.

Something doesn't add up here.

If the very early closure date for the early-bird deal in 2011 contributed to the decline in total ST receipts, will the Club please reflect on this possible explanation in determining its ST policy for the 2012/13 season?
spartan

Postby spartan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Has the AGM been held yet?

Nearly 8 months on from the 2011 financial year-end for the accounts, and only 4 away from the next!!
spartan

Postby ianwhit » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

It's in March and have an answer to your question that I can pop up after the AGM
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby spartan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 am

Any chance of an answer?
spartan

Postby ianwhit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Will chase up Pughey on Monday..
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby spartan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Ian - you referred to an overview of the accounts which was ready to be published after the AGM - has this been suppressed?

Is Mr Pugh able to answer my specific question? Is it just a case that the ST receipts figure reported on the Balance Sheet at 30 June 2011 was misleading?
spartan

Postby spartan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 am

Ian - this question seems to have disappeared from your radar, and falls a considerable way outside the advertised 7 day response time.

I realise the Club is not obliged to provide the information requested.

However, if STFC elects not to share some fairly basic facts and figures on its fanbase and financial performance, I think it just leaves itself wide-open to increased speculation and uninformed debate.
spartan

Postby ianwhit » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Will drop him an email, though I am on a two week holiday so might not be able to get the answer up for a little while.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby clive » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm

:D amazed with this top secret information we must be the only club not to tell fans how many season ticket holders they have aswell as how many fans are actually at a game strange :(
my best friend on the board at oakwell when asked can tell me how many season tickets sold how many adult or family and even how many sold that day thats an accountant for you :lol:
and after a match when the attendance declared is about 9000 average he will roll off the figures example 7000 in the ground 600 paid cash 2000 season ticket holders missing its not top secret
clive

Postby ianwhit » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Clive, he's not asking for a total but a breakdown of types of season tickets sold.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby spartan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 am

Ian - I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.

We are just two days away from the end of the latest financial year for STFC, so I suspect Mr Pugh is not going to be able to find time to respond once he becomes immersed in the production of the year-end accounts.

I would appreciate a response - even if it is to say that the information requested is so commercially-sensitive that we couldn't possibly tell you, for example, that we had 1500 Adults, 500 Concessions ( over 65's and students) and 500 Junior season ticket holders producing an income stream from Season Ticket Sales in the region of £400,000 for the start of the 2011/12 season.

That's a meagre £8000 per week contribution towards all the playing and non-playing costs associated with running a lower League Club.

On the AGM article you promised - I suppose the Chairman suppressed its publication, which just leaves folk to ponder Why?
spartan

Return to Questions to the club