Passport to Leisure

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Passport to Leisure

Postby Lemmy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Do you know if STFC will be honouring the Passport to Leisure Scheme members like at the previous Ground?

PTL is another way of encouraging members of the public who otherwise might struggle to afford £15 entry fee. This could generate more support for the Team which GP as asked for!
Lemmy

Passport to Leisure

Postby JudyD » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:10 pm

The Passport to Leisure discount is currently under discussion and discount is not available at the moment
JudyD

Postby stushrew » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Is this a council promoted thing - if so **** them.
stushrew

Postby Lemmy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:59 am

stushrew wrote:Is this a council promoted thing - if so **** them.

ARE YOU OFF YOUR TROLLEY :?:

There are many fans who can't afford £15 a week who are glad of some kind of discount, because of unemployment, disablement etc. Yet they love Town as much as you :x Why can't they enjoy watching the Club they love but not have the finances to follow them, yet cheer on the Town and help fill the Stadium to capacity?

You obviousley don't survive on minimum wage and have 2 kids to feed etc etc.

The Council are piloocks, but the supporters do not need to suffer because of their stupidity :roll:
Lemmy

Postby neilsalop » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:58 pm

I've got a family, a mortgage that I struggle to keep on top of, a job that pays c**p wages (but is secure) and only one car that the wife usually needs at the weekend for her job. Nobody is coming to me offering me a discount to participate in a thoroughly enjoyable (sic) Saturday afternoon experience.
I'm really sorry if I sound harsh, but whether or not you can afford to go to the footy on a Saturday is no more problem to me than me not being able to afford a brand new Ferrarri is a problem to you.
Unfortunately I have to ration myself to a certain number of games a year, maybe 10/12, so far this season 1. It's not that I don't want to go or can't be bothered, it's just down to finances. When I was single STFC was no.1 priority in my life, now my family is, if my kids need new shoes I don't go on a Saturday, simple as.
GIVE US BACK THE LOGGERHEADS
SALOPIAN FIRST, ENGLISH SECOND,
BRITISH THIRD, european NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
neilsalop

Postby Lemmy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:59 pm

neilsalop wrote:I've got a family, a mortgage that I struggle to keep on top of, a job that pays c**p wages (but is secure) and only one car that the wife usually needs at the weekend for her job. Nobody is coming to me offering me a discount to participate in a thoroughly enjoyable (sic) Saturday afternoon experience.
I'm really sorry if I sound harsh, but whether or not you can afford to go to the footy on a Saturday is no more problem to me than me not being able to afford a brand new Ferrarri is a problem to you.
Unfortunately I have to ration myself to a certain number of games a year, maybe 10/12, so far this season 1. It's not that I don't want to go or can't be bothered, it's just down to finances. When I was single STFC was no.1 priority in my life, now my family is, if my kids need new shoes I don't go on a Saturday, simple as.

If your wages are that bad and have a family, you might be able to claim family credit, this also gives you entitlement to a PTL card.
Lemmy

Postby neilsalop » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:07 pm

Even if I wanted or expected a discount card to go to the football my council would give me money off for AFC Tinpot, so I think I'll pass thanks.
GIVE US BACK THE LOGGERHEADS
SALOPIAN FIRST, ENGLISH SECOND,
BRITISH THIRD, european NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
neilsalop

Postby Lemmy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:08 pm

neilsalop wrote:Even if I wanted or expected a discount card to go to the football my council would give me money off for AFC Tinpot, so I think I'll pass thanks.
:lol:
Lemmy

Postby stushrew » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:39 pm

Lemmy wrote:
stushrew wrote:Is this a council promoted thing - if so **** them.

ARE YOU OFF YOUR TROLLEY :?:

There are many fans who can't afford £15 a week who are glad of some kind of discount, because of unemployment, disablement etc. Yet they love Town as much as you :x Why can't they enjoy watching the Club they love but not have the finances to follow them, yet cheer on the Town and help fill the Stadium to capacity?

You obviousley don't survive on minimum wage and have 2 kids to feed etc etc.

The Council are piloocks, but the supporters do not need to suffer because of their stupidity :roll:

No not at all.

People choose what they spend their money on and make choices as to their life decisions and priorities.

They also choose to have kids and therefore have their first duty to support those kids. Some people have to get evening jobs to finance luxuries like footy matches - thats life!

Not that I'm saying this applies to you Lemmy but I'm sick and tired of people saying they can't pay their bills or go to footy matches when they smoke 20 a day or drink 4 pints a day or have cable TV.
stushrew

Postby zen&football » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:41 pm

if there was not a discount for the season tickets in the family stand we would not have got one this year.i do not have a problem if a % of the tickets had a discount for people with passport to leisure.
other threads have complained about the atmosphere and if we had a larger crowd then surley that would help the club .

i go to see the reserve games and i know we only get about 300 fans but we do play some good teams, last year it was £3.we will be playing wolverhampton, coventry,forest.wba,leicester city so untill they sort this out you might wont to come and support the reserves.you are allowed to park in the car park for the resereve games.
zen
zen&football

Postby stushrew » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:20 pm

zen&football wrote:if there was not a discount for the season tickets in the family stand we would not have got one this year.i do not have a problem if a % of the tickets had a discount for people with passport to leisure.
other threads have complained about the atmosphere and if we had a larger crowd then surley that would help the club .

i go to see the reserve games and i know we only get about 300 fans but we do play some good teams, last year it was £3.we will be playing wolverhampton, coventry,forest.wba,leicester city so untill they sort this out you might wont to come and support the reserves.you are allowed to park in the car park for the resereve games.

I have no problem with people getting discounts at all- what I have a problem with is helping this shitty council get revenue when they have done nothing but hinder th club!!!
stushrew

Postby athersmith » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Perhaps the council could subsidise any WORTHY people who cannot afford the full price.

1. That way Shrews get full ticket price because the council pay the difference.
2. The council show that they are supporting the club in some way, and can then say quite honestly that they are supporting this local asset, STFC.
3. The supporter who cannot afford every match gets to the game to support the club.

I emphasise WORTHY people.

Although the only people who lose out are the ratepayers who would have to pay for this. My daughter has just sold her house and the new owner now rents it out to the council for down and outs. The council pay her, the new owner, £1200 per month for these people to live there out of ratepayers money. If the council are prepared to pay out obcene payments like this then subsidising the ticket price and paying the club the difference will be just a drop in the ocean.

Another revenue source for the club. Don't get me wrong though, down and outs IN GENERAL choose to down ond outs IMO.
athersmith

Postby stushrew » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:45 pm

athersmith wrote:Perhaps the council could subsidise any WORTHY people who cannot afford the full price.

1. That way Shrews get full ticket price because the council pay the difference.
2. The council show that they are supporting the club in some way, and can then say quite honestly that they are supporting this local asset, STFC.
3. The supporter who cannot afford every match gets to the game to support the club.

I emphasise WORTHY people.

Although the only people who lose out are the ratepayers who would have to pay for this. My daughter has just sold her house and the new owner now rents it out to the council for down and outs. The council pay her, the new owner, £1200 per month for these people to live there out of ratepayers money. If the council are prepared to pay out obcene payments like this then subsidising the ticket price and paying the club the difference will be just a drop in the ocean.

Another revenue source for the club. Don't get me wrong though, down and outs IN GENERAL choose to down ond outs IMO.

Thers no Bulsh!t in that Ather - good post.
stushrew

Return to Questions to the club