Car Parking

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Car Parking

Postby petros » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 am

To return to an old and thorny subject. Can I ask, whether, in the light of a whole series of pronouncements from the Local Government Minister, Eric Pickles, who has admitted that the policy of artificially restricting parking spaces was wrong there is any intention to making spaces available at the ground for those who wish to buy a car parking space on an ad hoc basis?
petros

Re: Car Parking

Postby ianwhit » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 am

Not seen much of what he's said but can't see it having much affect on the available number of spaces here as it's already been built, will have a chat and come back with an answer.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby petros » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks Ian. Wasn't looking for a larger car park, but the one we have is rarely fully used.

As I have a 200 mile plus round trip for a home game it would be beneficial to me to park at the ground and for the Club to have the income for my car parking fee rather than a third party getting the it.
petros

Postby ianwhit » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:31 pm

As has been mentioned many times since we moved here the car park is pretty much allocated for every game, even if some places are empty they will have been allocated and paid for it's just that person hasn't chosen to use it. I know there are pretty much weekly discussions on how the car park can be utilised on matchdays so hopefully there will be an update.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Return to Questions to the club