Loggerheads merchandise?

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Loggerheads merchandise?

Postby stuttgartershrew » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:17 am

I believe we still haven't seen any news on whether the club will look to sell some Surridge merchandise with the Loggerheads badge. Is there any news on this?

Appreciate the club have had troubles with initial Surridge stock and I'm sure that is currently the priority but with the new merchandise in place, with the home and away kit now available...surely we can have a decision on this? Totally understand that we might not see anything with a Loggerheads in a few weeks, perhaps a couple of months...but I see no reason why a decision and an announced can be made now?

So can we have some feedback on this please? Will the club make Loggerheads merchandise available? If so, when? If not, why not?

Thanks...
stuttgartershrew

Re: Loggerheads merchandise?

Postby stuttgartershrew » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello...

Any chance of an answer on this? Or an indication of when I can expect an answer?

Cheers

Dave
stuttgartershrew

Postby ianwhit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Soon, have been asking since you posted the question.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby stuttgartershrew » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks for the update...
stuttgartershrew

Postby stuttgartershrew » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 am

Hello...any update on this?
stuttgartershrew

Postby ianwhit » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Still chasing the reply, stick with us :)
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby ianwhit » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:26 am

Copyright and intellectual property ownership of badges needs to be clarified before anything can be produced - this is ongoing and progressing well.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby stuttgartershrew » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

So that would suggest (copyrighting issues aside) that this is something the club are looking to introduce to the club shop? So can you confirm the plan is to introduce Loggerheads merchandise, we just need to clarify whether it is possible to do so? Any timetable on this?
stuttgartershrew

Postby AgentOrange » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 am

STFC in 2007: "We cannot copyright the Loggerheads badge in any format, so we've got to change our crest completely"

STFC in 2013: "There are copyright issues affecting the Loggerheads badge which need investigating before we can produce merchandise".

So which one is it chaps? You cannot have it both ways.

It's high time you lot stopped fobbing us off. Sick of all this pseudo-commercial rubbish which is designed to trick gullible supporters.

Loggerheads now.
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby StokeShrew » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:26 am

The best merchadise for the loggerheads logo would be a 'bin' in my opinion.
Keep the Lion.
StokeShrew

Postby neilsalop » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:28 pm

[quote="StokeShrew"]The best merchadise for the loggerheads logo would be a 'bin' in my opinion.
Keep the Lion.[/quote]

When we get the loggerheads back you're more than welcome to buy up all the tat left in the club shop with Lenny the logo on.
GIVE US BACK THE LOGGERHEADS
SALOPIAN FIRST, ENGLISH SECOND,
BRITISH THIRD, european NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
neilsalop

Postby AgentOrange » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm

StokeShrew wrote:The best merchadise for the loggerheads logo would be a 'bin' in my opinion.Keep the Lion.

Thanks for these sickening comments.

Just so everyone who reads this is aware, the above poster is NOT a Shrewsbury Town supporter. He has no right at all to pass judgement on our identity.

He has admitted on numerous occasions that he - as his username implies - is a Stoke fan with nothing more than a passing interest in STFC. Check his post history to verify this.

I think it is disgusting that you, an outsider, can turf up on this forum and then infer that our town/club's beloved badge is a piece of garbage.

How would you feel if I went onto the Oatcake forum and urged your club to dispense of its badge, and replace it with a soulless, standalone piece of clip art tat?

My message to you is simple - you will NEVER be one of our own and you will NEVER EVER have the right to involve yourself in our badge debate.

What the hell would a Stoke supporter understand about our club's history, heritage or identity?

Keep the lion? No. We will not.

No surrender to you and everything you represent. Frankly, I hope you sod off back to Stoke as we don't need or want your kind round here.
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby ianwhit » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:01 am

AgentOrange wrote:STFC in 2007: "We cannot copyright the Loggerheads badge in any format, so we've got to change our crest completely"

STFC in 2013: "There are copyright issues affecting the Loggerheads badge which need investigating before we can produce merchandise".

Can you provide links to those quotes Geoff or are you just paraphrasing as normal?
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby AgentOrange » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm

ianwhit wrote:Can you provide links to those quotes Geoff or are you just paraphrasing as normal?

I have paraphrased the club's sentiments.

You and your cronies at STFC claimed (and still do) that the Loggerheads cannot be copyrighted, hence the need to bring in a new standalone clip art badge which fails to reflect our history, heritage and identity.

Six years down the line, you claim that copyright is magically an issue which is preventing/delaying the club from introducing a range of retro merchandise.

So which one is it? Do you not see the contradiction?
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby neilsalop » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:29 pm

The question was first posted on 24th Sept. and as of yet we do not have an answer. Are we ever likely to get a straight answer Ian? Christmas is coming and many people would have happily put money in the clubs coffers to buy retro wear with a real badge on, but the way it's going Christmas will be past and we'll heading into next season before we get any retro merchandise into the club shop. I really dislike the word, but shambles sums this all up better than anything else.
GIVE US BACK THE LOGGERHEADS
SALOPIAN FIRST, ENGLISH SECOND,
BRITISH THIRD, european NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
neilsalop

Next

Return to Questions to the club