Football League app and Shrewsplayer

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Football League app and Shrewsplayer

Postby YorkshireBlue&Amber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:03 pm

I regularly use the football league app on my smartphone and, towards the end of last season was also able to get the commentary via Shrewsplayer on the app. However, this season, whenever I try to get the commentary, I get the following message after it attempts to connect - 'error, could not connect to club feed'. I have checked the login details on my phone and I am definitely logged in (I can play other video such as match highlights and player interviews). Any help would be appreciated.
YorkshireBlue&Amber

Re: Football League app and Shrewsplayer

Postby ianwhit » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:25 am

Is it android or IPhone? I've got an IPhone and always try to check commentary is ok on it when the game kicks off and it has been ok this season, bar the Oldham game which they didn't run for some reason.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby YorkshireBlue&Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 pm

It's android Ian, an HTC One if that helps.
Cheers.
YorkshireBlue&Amber

Postby YorkshireBlue&Amber » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 pm

This app still doesn't work on my HTC One. looking at the comments on Google Play store, it appears that everyone has the same problem, i.e. the commentary no longer works on Android phones. I appreciate that it is a free app, but is there any way that clubs can put pressure on the app creators to sort the problem out or at least acknowledge that they are looking into it. It is a feature I would really like to use (and did use last season) so it can' t be beyond them to make it work again. I suspect it would also be a good selling point to get more people signing up to ShrewsPlayer - an app that actually works!
YorkshireBlue&Amber

Postby ianwhit » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Have got an answer, not the best, can you try it through the browser on the phone?
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby YorkshireBlue&Amber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Ian, I tried that yesterday. It doesn't work, the best way to describe it is like listening to a 45 rpm record being played at 78. Never mind, I'll keep trying it, perhaps the developers will fix it or the football league will drop them and use someone who knows what they are doing next season.
YorkshireBlue&Amber

Return to Questions to the club