ShrewsPlayer

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

ShrewsPlayer

Postby SaintShrew » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Do we really need a loud fanfare and the start and end of each video? Have a look at MK Dons Player to see what I mean.
Photos Season 2009/10 onwards: http://www.flickr.com/photos/regd/sets/
SaintShrew

Re: ShrewsPlayer

Postby ianwhit » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am

Good point, I have been thinking about having a little revamp of bits of ShrewsPlayer, will look at MK site to see what they do.

How about full games with commentary? I haven't been very good at all at keeping the extended highlights going but full games would be a lot easier to do.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby limacharli » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am

ianwhit wrote:Good point, I have been thinking about having a little revamp of bits of ShrewsPlayer, will look at MK site to see what they do.

How about full games with commentary? I haven't been very good at all at keeping the extended highlights going but full games would be a lot easier to do.

It would be more value for money if you did Ian
Jimmy Mack when are you coming back?
limacharli

Postby matster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:06 pm

it would also mean that the viewer chooses what to watch within the game too
matster

Postby SaintShrew » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:17 pm

ianwhit wrote:Good point, I have been thinking about having a little revamp of bits of ShrewsPlayer, will look at MK site to see what they do.

On the first point (the revamp), I would suggest that all you would need is to ensure that all your interviews are done in front of a Shrewsbury Town FC backdrop (Club badge, ShrewsPlayer logo, Greenhous logo, etc).
Photos Season 2009/10 onwards: http://www.flickr.com/photos/regd/sets/
SaintShrew

Postby Matt_ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Whilst we're on the subject of Shrewsplayer can something be done about the microphone for all the people interviewing Graham Turner pre-match. The main interviewer's questions are always clear but often the questions then asked by other people are inaudible.
Matt_

Postby bodge4uk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Full matches would be a huge turn on to encourage people to subscribe. I don't get to as many away games as I would like so wat bing the FULL match (especially a win) would be PERFECT!!
bodge4uk

Postby ianwhit » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 am

Matt_ wrote:Whilst we're on the subject of Shrewsplayer can something be done about the microphone for all the people interviewing Graham Turner pre-match. The main interviewer's questions are always clear but often the questions then asked by other people are inaudible.

Wilco, the last few interviews have been done on a simple camera as I'm off on 'paternity' leave, or the nearest you get at this place.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby YorkshireBlue&Amber » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Used the new phone app and listened to commentary on the Crewe game via my smartphone, apart from the fact that it was the biased Crewe commentators, it was brilliant to be able to listen to the game while not near my PC, ideal for those of us who live out of range and can't get radio commentary. I'm not sure whether the lack of commentary choice was user error on my part or if there was no other choice. I've also tried out the video interviews on my phone now, and I'm very impressed with it all, it's a great addition for the subscription cost.
YorkshireBlue&Amber

Return to Questions to the club