Tranmere away travel inscentive

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Tranmere away travel inscentive

Postby dand77 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 am

Its come to my attention that our away support at Tranmere will now be considerably less because of the switch to a Friday night and it being live on Sky. Now you here of clubs like Yeovil fans(to leyton orient) and Bournemouth(Carlisle!) paying for away travel for there supporters to get to games. Its also now impossible to get to Tranmere and back by train for an evening kick off a lot of fans were going to do this. With town probably getting £30,000 tv money the same as Walsall did, isn't time the club stepped up and did something rewarding for us fans. As long as I have been following town over 23 years i've never known them to do this, it would be a fantastic gesture for us the fans.
dand77

Re: Tranmere away travel inscentive

Postby ianwhit » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Bury away after the coach got stuck due to an accident on the M6.

Will pass on the question and pop the answer up as soon as I get it.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby dand77 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Yes I recall the Bury incident, quite some time ago that now. If the match was on a Saturday we would have taken 800-1000 but can only ser 350-400 going on a Fridaynand with it on TV. Free travel might boost away support a bit more, it would look better also for us as a club on TV having a good following and making some noise.
dand77

Postby ianwhit » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:03 pm

I only mentioned Bury as you said you didn't think the club had done such a thing.

Answer - Thank you for your question to the club. It is not our intention to offer to pay for the travel expenses of supporters to attend any of our away matches regardless of the dates of fixtures. Our budget is tight and is spent on supporting the manager in his efforts to strengthen the team throughout the season. Any benefits we may receive from a televised game will go towards that vital objective of staying in this league after investing so much time, effort and money in achieving the goal last season.

We appreciate the level of support we have, especially from those who travel the country to support the team at away fixtures. The players and manger are always commenting upon it. We thank you for your long term support of the club too and hope that you will be able to make the Tranmere and cheer on the lads.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby dand77 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Its always worth popping the question aboutsuch things', the club does have a good reason and hopefully we can stay up and mount a challenge for playoffs next season.
dand77

Return to Questions to the club