matchday food

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

matchday food

Postby dand77 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Recently I had the opportunity to chat to a fan from Germany who told me a few home truths along with ways to improve matchday services. Now I haven't been to any matches but i'm told a safe standing ticket at Borrussia Dortmund is cheaper than most League 2 matches nevermind League 1. I'm not here to go on about safe standing or ticket prices though see other threads for that. What I'd like to see and it would help Jennys sell more food and drink along with provide a better service without the need for queing in overcrowded cramped concourse. I'd like to see a person or two selling pies and soft drinks from a heat box bag(pies, hotdogs) or a cooler bag(soft drinks) along the front of the stands or in the area further down from the buffet bar. In my opinion they would sell a lot more. This works a treat in Germany apparently, they also sell beer which would be unfotunately be illegal. They do similar in the USA at most sports also.
dand77

Re: matchday food

Postby matster » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:02 am

This was raised as a point in a club/fans meeting a few months ago and the response was that they were going to look into it as an idea. It would certainly help raise more revenue as I know that many are put off from buying at half time as the queues are too long. I assume wrightly or wrongly that STFC take a cut of the sales made by Jenny's Catering so it would make financial sense to maximise sales duing the match, especially if you brought the unsold hot-stock out during the second half rather than binned it.
matster

Postby dand77 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

All thats needed is an insolated box and someone to sell them and go back and forth. Sausage rolls and pies will keep warm long enough if insulated. They wouldn't need to go up the steps just walk along the front walkway. How much common sense is this anyway?
dand77

Postby dand77 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Still no official reply on this one....create space, less concourse queing.
dand77

Postby matster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 am

dand77 wrote:Still no official reply on this one....create space, less concourse queing.

potentially more sales
matster

Postby dand77 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:52 pm

still not seen am reply for this one or seen any action, surely this has to be seen as a good idea as it works in other countries. Also why haven't Jennys set up a burger van aand outdoor bar similar to outside the ground at Arsenal so we aren't cramped queuing inside the concourses pre match plus from this they could do FISH AND CHIPS!
dand77

Postby stushrew » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Selling whilst the game is being played is a very bad idea. Its a pain i arse enough with people getting up and down going to the loo without having people buying/selling pies getting in the way. Half time fair enough but not during a game.
stushrew

Return to Questions to the club