Replacing the P.A system

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Replacing the P.A system

Postby AgentOrange » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi,

For over four years, the club have been only too aware of the complaints regarding the P.A system. Not only is it dangerous (as proved on Tuesday evening) but its poor quality also damages the match-day experience. The pre-match mood feels drab and unexciting and this is a far cry to the likes of Walsall (whereby a combination of an excellent tannoy and appropriate football music) succeeds in livening up supporters.

Anyway, my question is this: for too long the supporters have been routinely fobbed off by such replies as "we're looking into it" or "it sounds absolutely great when the ground is empty" or, most recently, "well, those in row 10 say its deafening!". Whichever way it is dressed up, the system is inadequate. The only sensible solution is to replace the entire thing completely and use a separate brand.

Are there any plans to do this? Or is it simply a case of continuing to fiddle around within the below-par model we currently have?

Cheers
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Re: Replacing the P.A system

Postby spartan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:06 am

As someone who e-mailed Rob Bickerton and received an inadequate response from the Stadium Manager (Jon Harris) on this subject, could I ask:

What is the role of the STFC Safety Committee?
What are its terms of reference?
What is the composition of the Committee?
Is there any representation of supporter groups (e.g. OSC, Superblues)?

Can individual fans highlight safety concerns directly to the Committee?
spartan

Postby AgentOrange » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Is anyone going to acknowledge my question? Thanks...
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby Matt_ » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:51 pm

AgentOrange wrote:Is anyone going to acknowledge my question? Thanks...

If you're very lucky you might get something by the end of the season, you've got far more chance of getting a response out of Ian on B&A these days. :|
Matt_

Postby limacharli » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Matt_ wrote:
AgentOrange wrote:Is anyone going to acknowledge my question? Thanks...

If you're very lucky you might get something by the end of the season, you've got far more chance of getting a response out of Ian on B&A these days. :|

Or email direct to ian@shrewsburytown.com
Jimmy Mack when are you coming back?
limacharli

Postby spartan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 pm

In the last 10 months I've posted 4 questions via this official route to the Club.
None of these were complex requiring an opinion to be expressed, just simple requests for information.
The only answer I received was when, in exasperation, I switched it to Blue & Amber. An official Club response, albeit containing inaccurate information, was supplied.

If the Club doesn't want to answer Agent Orange's question on what I , and many other West Stand supporters also think is a genuine issue, I think it should have the courtesy to say so.

If The Club now prefers to answer via B&A - then fine, but let's end the pretence of this Official Forum Q&As, because it clearly isn't working.
spartan

Postby ianwhit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 pm

It is being looked into, we highlighted a couple of things that need addressing on Saturday so those will hopefully be addressed.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby AgentOrange » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Matt_ wrote:If you're very lucky you might get something by the end of the season, you've got far more chance of getting a response out of Ian on B&A these days.|

I'll bear that in mind, although the last time I tried to interact with him on B&A I received a vicious stream of abuse (along the lines of "go and f**k yourself you ****") after he misinterpreted a light-hearted comment I had made. I explained myself and expected an apology, although one never arrived. At that precise moment I lost every shred of respect I had for the man, and rightly so!
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby AgentOrange » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 pm

AgentOrange wrote:For too long the supporters have been routinely fobbed off by such replies as "we're looking into it"

ianwhit wrote:It is being looked into

:lol: :lol:

Are you for real? Absolutely brilliant.
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby ianwhit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Geoff, you were doing your normal women and kids aren't welcome in your football world opinion, which just got on my goat.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby ianwhit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 pm

spartan wrote:As someone who e-mailed Rob Bickerton and received an inadequate response from the Stadium Manager (Jon Harris) on this subject, could I ask:

What is the role of the STFC Safety Committee?
What are its terms of reference?
What is the composition of the Committee?
Is there any representation of supporter groups (e.g. OSC, Superblues)?

Can individual fans highlight safety concerns directly to the Committee?

can you pop that on a seperate question and I'll get an answer, i'm feeling that it will get lost in here once geoff lets lose.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby AgentOrange » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 pm

ianwhit wrote:Geoff, you were doing your normal women and kids aren't welcome in your football world opinion, which just got on my goat.

I can assure you that I did not.

I suggest you reread the thread and apologise, and we can be friends again.
The future's bright.

The future's orange.
AgentOrange

Postby ianwhit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:44 pm

AgentOrange wrote:
ianwhit wrote:Geoff, you were doing your normal women and kids aren't welcome in your football world opinion, which just got on my goat.

I can assure you that I did not.

I suggest you reread the thread and apologise, and we can be friends again.

I wouldn't fall out with you but stand by what I said...
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby Oteley » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 pm

From the South Stand the system is pretty clear though when the music is turned up loud it gets a bit distorted, doesn't seem to have the amplification to cover the whole ground. Given the events of 27th March can't see that the club has a choice but to replace it with a system fit for purpose that has been tried and tested at other stadiums.

Same applies to the scoreboard, if we replace with a larger, revenue generating alternative the financial payback period should be quite short.
Oteley

Postby SaintShrew » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Oteley wrote:Same applies to the scoreboard, if we replace with a larger, revenue generating alternative the financial payback period should be quite short.

Was impressed with the advertising at Morecambe on their small screen - good sound also:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/regd/7045919025/
Photos Season 2009/10 onwards: http://www.flickr.com/photos/regd/sets/
SaintShrew

Next

Return to Questions to the club