Pre match music at GM

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Pre match music at GM

Postby schizo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:50 pm

I dont know who selects the pre match music at GM but would it be possible for Shrewschat to open an 'Ask the DJ' board where people can suggest or request any pre match music directly to the club?

I feel the pre match music is a little dull myself and I have a couple of suggestions which I think could uplift the crowd a little, but I appreciate that not everyone is into dance music!

My two suggestions are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbEeJoJ4NV8 Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zGnuQF4hv0 Moby - Lift Me Up
schizo

Re: Pre match music at GM

Postby ianwhit » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:11 pm

There has been a lot of change and work done recently and the feedback i've had has been very positive.

There have been a few strange things coming in recently, wild thing!, and i'll make sure those come out.

Basically there's a playlist for most games with the tracks mixed down to about 2 minutes in length at the longest, and then goes into a mix of robbie williams, andy williams, beatles,then theme from rocky and then catch us if you can.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby schizo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 pm

ianwhit wrote:There has been a lot of change and work done recently and the feedback i've had has been very positive.

There have been a few strange things coming in recently, wild thing!, and i'll make sure those come out.

Basically there's a playlist for most games with the tracks mixed down to about 2 minutes in length at the longest, and then goes into a mix of robbie williams, andy williams, beatles,then theme from rocky and then catch us if you can.

This is the point I was trying to make! The pre match mix at the moment is poor IMO, listening to ballads from the likes of Robbie and Andy Williams does nothing for me and I would prefer to listen to upbeat dance tunes before the game, but what the overall majority prefer is open to debate!

Oh and I have another suggestion :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nC_nElIue0 Dario G - Ring of Fire
schizo

Postby ianwhit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:56 pm

schizo wrote:
This is the point I was trying to make! The pre match mix at the moment is poor IMO, listening to ballads from the likes of Robbie and Andy Williams does nothing for me and I would prefer to listen to upbeat dance tunes before the game, but what the overall majority prefer is open to debate!

but that is about 10 minutes of the prematch music?
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby stushrew » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:45 pm

this is the problem - people have different tastes in music so you can't keep everyone happy.
The last thing I want to hear is dance music bleating out but its what floats Schizo's boat.
stushrew

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:27 pm

i think it would be nice vary it a bit, so could we not have 50-50 so one week fans choice and the next home game as we do now?
zenfootball

Postby SUEtheSHREW » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Please can we NOT have the Robbie Williams medley when we play Port Vale at home we would never live it down! :oops:
SUEtheSHREW

Postby schizo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Could I make another suggestion for a pre-match tune! :)

Depeche Mode - Just cant get enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a84L1hVVEls&ob=av2e

And another personal favourite of mine

Tears For Fears - Shout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54IN3URGuM8
schizo

Postby schizo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Or how about this, and replace lyrics with 'HI HO, MIGHTY SALOP!' :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avP-8i_YEO8
schizo

Postby spartan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm a bit suprised that our Commercial Team hasn't seized on the idea of a subscription service 'Fans Jukebox' to exploit the market for pre-match music.

The service would allow individual fans to hear their favourite tracks (for a payment). The rest of us won't have to suffer the same old stuff before each match.

There could be a sliding scale of charges with requests played at 2pm being cheaper than the ones closer to kick-off.

Alternatively add it as a perk to the fantastic Matchday Hospitality package - anyone who pays £66 surely deserves to have a request played. Stand by for 'Prawn Sandwich Favourites'. :D :D
spartan

Postby Matt_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 pm

This was riding high in the charts on the day we last won promotion from this division.

Maybe an airing on Saturday wouldn't be a bad idea? It seems like an appropriate sort of tune for the occasion too.

:)
Matt_

Postby ianwhit » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Matt, erm, no :D
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby Matt_ » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 pm

You never did have any taste.
Matt_

Return to Questions to the club