South Stand

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

South Stand

Postby dand77 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:16 pm

I love the West Stand mural think its unique, has charactor and does a good job showing some of the clubs history, I also like the fact its been created by 9 year olds and stands out. Now for the South Stand and obviously it would be silly to do the same thing over there so what i'd like to see is somrthing similar to what we saw on the outside of the Emirates with former Arsenal legends standing side by side. The likes of Rowley, Dolby, Turner, King, Brown, Wood, Rodgers, Jemson, Berkley, Mcginley, Stevens G., Stevens I.,Griffin, Griffiths, Lynch, Kelly, Hart, Holt, Kasule, Clarke W., Clarke F. I could go on but to name but a few. Basically through the legends in and add some more both old and newa nd have them but all along the wall. I'd also like to maybe see all our different styles of kit on show we have had in which we can get from www.historicalkits.com . Maybe something about the development over the year of GM until it was demolished with the new stadium being built up till now. There is so much that could be done.
dand77

Re: South Stand

Postby ianwhit » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 am

Martin has said that he is looking for suggestions for the South Stand so I will make sure he's aware of your post.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Re: South Stand

Postby Mysticdad » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks for the positive comments about the West Stand mural. It just goes to show what can be done to brighten up the concourses and make it feel more like our home ground rather than a concrete structure.

Your ideas for the South stand are welcome. The launch of the legends this season has thrown up ideas around the Emirates boards that you mention. Other ideas include the pictures of past captains of the club (rather than those who just filled in for agame or two), the football strips as you have mentioned and also more artistic representations of historical moments of the past and the gay meadow itself.

Keep them coming.

By way of an example the West Stand cost around £2000 in materials and artist labour time, transport of kids etc etc, the kids were volunteers!

Martin
Mysticdad

Return to Questions to the club