Open area of land behind the north stand

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Open area of land behind the north stand

Postby schizo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:35 pm

This may sound like a random question, but whenever I look at the large grassy area behind the north stand (adjacent to Power League) I always wonder if the club have any plans to develop anything on that land in the future? As it just seems like a wasted area to me..... I have far too much time on my hands! :lol:
schizo

Re: Open area of land behind the north stand

Postby IanBebbington » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am

Hi

The land adjacent to the power league is under utilised, but we are looking to make more use of it - Starting this Saturday against Barnet for our family fun day (See web for details)
It is an ideal area as you say for further development, but until resources become more readily available and the economic climate changing, any plans or proposals are all on hold.
Thanks for your question -
Ian
IanBebbington

Re: Open area of land behind the north stand

Postby dand77 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:52 pm

After visiting so many other grounds especially new ones, Derby, Chesterfield, Oxford, Northampton to name a few I feel they have plenty of other attractions nearby which helps make a day of it going to football. Northampton and oxford both have ten pin bowling alleys which seem to be used well by both home fans and away fans. I know we already have a ten pin bowling alley up harlescott so i presum thats out of the question. At Derby they made use of retail outlets, starbucks and frankie and benny's springs to mind. Would mind a few retail outlets popping up on that land, Frankie and Benny's is a good example of a food outlet that is non existant in Shrewsbury itself and may prove popular. Again would the club reject this becuase of its own restuarant. At Arsenal we saw outdoor bars which a good idea with concoruse congestion. I'd like to see maybe another sports team maybe also use that land, maybe a rugby team but I doubt Shrewsbury Rugby Club would move from where they are unless Roland bought them out. It would give another option of Saturday afternoon entertainment at Greenhous Meadow when you can't get to away games. Imagine if the Football and Rugby clubs merged like Harlequins RU and RL clubs did. The Rugby team could play on that land with a couple of smaller stands built it could be known as Greenhous Meadow Two well perhaps not but still its an option and it would make good use of that land.
dand77

Return to Questions to the club