Concourses, again!

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Concourses, again!

Postby Mickey Brown is God » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Having heartily enjoyed the open day today, walking around with my family I noticed that by the players entrance, just opposite the boot room there was a nice sized wall mounted poster of News clipping of Joe Hart and also within the reception area, again, a nize sized wall mounted poster of the 125 years of Shrewsbury Town, featuring news clippings, team sheets etc, something I would love to read whilst queueing up for a coffee and a sausage roll!

Now, how much would it take, to meet H and S etc to have these posters replicated within the concourses? Something like that would be well received by all and also bring some much needed colour to those walls! THis is something that has been mentioned over the years on this forum!!!

But, all in all, a good couple of hours spent at the club. The club looked clean and the pitch looked like it should belong in the premiership. Well done to all involved today!

Come on you blues
the early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Mickey Brown is God

Re: Concourses, again!

Postby stushrew » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Did you not see the pictures on the walls under the west stand? If you walked past them and didn't even notice, I'd question whether its even worth bothering putting them up.
stushrew

Postby bodge4uk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 am

I think it's a great idea to brighten up the stands as the walls make it a little dull. plus i loved the idea from the Tranmere game where people could walk around all the home stands during the game
bodge4uk

Postby limacharli » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:47 am

bodge4uk wrote:I think it's a great idea to brighten up the stands as the walls make it a little dull. plus i loved the idea from the Tranmere game where people could walk around all the home stands during the game

Much as you loved this experience I doubt it will be replicated during the season the tannoy annoucements quite clearly stated it was only for friday nights game as there were only the 2 buffet bars open ,the one in the south stand which was looking after those sitting in the family stand, the south stand die hards and those in the west stand. Whilst the buffet under the Roland Wycherley stand was open for it self and for those away fans in the North stand who wished to avail themselves of it. H & S strikes again ! :)
Jimmy Mack when are you coming back?
limacharli

Postby Mickey Brown is God » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 am

stushrew wrote:Did you not see the pictures on the walls under the west stand? If you walked past them and didn't even notice, I'd question whether its even worth bothering putting them up.

Haven't been in the west stand for ages and don't know what they have up. In the family stand they do have posters up talking about racism and the likes but this is probably some sort of requirement they have to adhere to.
the early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Mickey Brown is God

Return to Questions to the club