Wolves pre-season friendly

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Wolves pre-season friendly

Postby spartan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:48 am

A list of Wolves pre-season friendlies was published In last night's Express and Star.

It shows the complete pre-season fixtures for the senior team and for the Development Squad.

The Wolves senior team are away to Notts County on 23 July, and the Development Squad are shown as visiting Shrewsbury on 22 July.

Would the Club care to confirm that this is correct?

Early confirmation will avoid any potential disappointment to supporters who may be expecting a near full-strength Wolves team to visit the Greenhous Meadow.
spartan

Re: Wolves pre-season friendly

Postby clive » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:07 pm

:D so it looks like its wolves reserves and man united 3rd string not what people were expecting bet its still 15 pounds a ticket :(
clive

Postby spartan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I listened with interest to Martin James' explanation of ticket pricing for friendly matches, where he referred to the cost of staging matches, the need to meet visiting team' s expenses, and their input to ticket pricing preventing the offer of a multi-ticket to cover all friendlies.

I would just like to refer him to the example of Walsall who entertain Aston Villa and Wolves SENIOR squads ( not reserves or development squads). They have a joint ticket for the two games priced at £20 per adult. Perhaps he would like to give the Bescot folk a call to see how it can be done.

Where there's a will, there's a way .......

Friendlies should be used to showcase the Club to potential new fans, not just an opportunity to extract more cash from the faithful core support.

What's the point of community development (which I applaud),if you then price games beyond the reach of a lot of families who struggle to afford live football?
spartan

Postby clive » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:29 pm

:D im afraid salop will never change when it comes to ticket prices a good example of how it can be done rotherham who are playing away at grimsby 500 free tickets for season ticket holders paid for by the club as a thankyou for buying there season tickets :D
clive

Postby Matt_ » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 am

spartan wrote:Friendlies should be used to showcase the Club to potential new fans, not just an opportunity to extract more cash from the faithful core support.

I couldn't agree more.

The club's pricing policy regarding pre-season friendlies continues to be very poor. I also thought the related answer in the latest questions failed to address the point you've made so well and just focused on the club's desire to cover costs, failing to look at the bigger picture.

On the point of offering a ticket to cover all the pre-season home games, didn't the club do exactly that last summer or the one before? :?
Matt_

Postby clive » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:04 pm

:D its still advertised on the wolves site as the development squad so dont expect any wolves fans to be making the trip and we are not even getting a mention on the man utd site in fact its all about there usa tour at the time they are supposed to be playing us :D
clive

Postby ferkle94 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:01 pm

clive wrote::D its still advertised on the wolves site as the development squad so dont expect any wolves fans to be making the trip and we are not even getting a mention on the man utd site in fact its all about there usa tour at the time they are supposed to be playing us :D

We are mentioned as a little side note on the reserves section :wink:
STFC Till I die
ferkle94

Return to Questions to the club