Programme

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Programme

Postby stushrew » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 pm

hi

Is the programme going to be £3 a time all season or was yetserdays a one off. £3 is a bit steep in my opinion. i have bought a prog from every match I have attended but will have to think twice now.
stushrew

Re: Programme

Postby ianwhit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Yep, £3 for the forthcoming season, other than Charlton which will be £1 as was the Ipswich last year.

The cover is an extra cost and I think it has been £2.50 since we came back from the Conference, might actually have been £2.50 when we got relegated?
ianwhit
Site Admin

Postby Mickey Brown is God » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:06 am

My son, 7, loved the programme and especially the cut out player profiles at the back. Only problem is as he won't be going to every home game he is going to miss out collecting them all!

And at 3 quid, on top of all the other expenditure on a matchday, seems to be a bit much. But, if we had lost on Saturday it would have felt more than just 3 quid!!

Good programme tho! and Ian, I think you made up everthing you did in the job profile! :wink: :wink: :wink:
the early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Mickey Brown is God

Postby mussn Grumble » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 pm

At the end of the day £3 is a bit steep, but it's the necessary cost. I don't imagine there's a huge profit in it. Weren't you thinking about a different way of doing it? A 50p sheet per game and a monthly £5 magazine or something? That sounded like an excellent idea to me.
Just because I'm far away doesn't make it any easier...
mussn Grumble

Postby ianwhit » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:48 pm

mussn Grumble wrote:At the end of the day £3 is a bit steep, but it's the necessary cost. I don't imagine there's a huge profit in it. Weren't you thinking about a different way of doing it? A 50p sheet per game and a monthly £5 magazine or something? That sounded like an excellent idea to me.

It is one thought, you have to remember there are a number of pages which are centrally sent adverts from the football league that have to be contractually put in each issue. Something like the Charlton programme (probably without the nice cover) is my thought for each game and a monthly magazine type thing, it would probably need to sell 1000+ copies a month to make it viable though.

Carlisle are doing the small programme/magazine idea this year so it will be interesting to see what sort of figures they do.
ianwhit
Site Admin

Return to Questions to the club