125th Anniversary - Pre Season Friendly

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

125th Anniversary - Pre Season Friendly

Postby chailey » Wed May 12, 2010 6:59 pm

I think it would be a great idea if the club could get a really big home pre-season friendly, which could be given the 125th Anniversary billing. I am talking a TOP Premier League club, as we haven't had a really big pre-season game since Man City came to open the stadium.

An ideal one would be Spurs, due to the Dave Button links, and the fact we have never played them before. Failing that, Liverpool with the John McMahon connections, or Aston Villa.

Is this something the club are considering??
chailey

Re: 125th Anniversary - Pre Season Friendly

Postby limacharli » Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm

chailey wrote:I think it would be a great idea if the club could get a really big home pre-season friendly, which could be given the 125th Anniversary billing. I am talking a TOP Premier League club, as we haven't had a really big pre-season game since Man City came to open the stadium.

An ideal one would be Spurs, due to the Dave Button links, and the fact we have never played them before. Failing that, Liverpool with the John McMahon connections, or Aston Villa.

Is this something the club are considering??

I spoke and asked Jon Harris the same question on Tuesday this week after asking on hear on the 7th March . Spurs are apparently to busy but we do have Coventry on Tuesday 27th July at 7.45. Personally I would of liked to have seen Wolves or B/Ham with connecting players ( Dave Edwards/Joe Hart assuming he is loaned out again ) but no doubt we will have the Shroppie Cup hopefully with Ellesmere or Mkt Drayton this year and maybe, if they have a team together, Chester? :D :D :D
Jimmy Mack when are you coming back?
limacharli

Postby chailey » Sat May 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Well the club obviously can't be "bothered" to reply to this question and so I can't be "bothered" to attend dull friendlies like Coventry and Tranmere.
chailey

Postby ianwhit » Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 am

Hi chailey, sorry but I missed sending this on. answer below.

We have contacted several ‘Premier League’ clubs regarding pre season and the 125 year celebration. In particular Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool, Birmingham and Aston Villa, however, they are all involved in tournaments, which give them competitive games and excessive finance, none of them are able to commit to anything.

We are looking at a 125 fixture at the end of the 2010/11, with maybe a ‘premier league’ side.

Thanks

JH
ianwhit
Site Admin

Return to Questions to the club