Family Stand Mystery!?!?!

Post your questions to the club here and will aim to get you an answer. Question about the stadium, the shop etc etc.

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Family Stand Mystery!?!?!

Postby lifelongshrew » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:53 am

Just wondering if anybody could explain why there are always so many empty seats left in the family stand when they claim it is 'sold-out'?

Obviously you will get the odd people not able to turn up but today I would say it was only about 2/3 - 3/4 full, when the club had told us there were no seats left...... :roll:
lifelongshrew

Family Stand

Postby JudyD » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:58 pm

I can assure you we would not say it was sold out if there were seats available! Block 6 is virtually full with season ticket holders so we canot sell any in there as we have to assume every season ticket holder will turn up and we cannot resell their seats. All of Block 7 was sold on Boxing Day too.

There are 'restricted view' seats at the back of block 7, which we always offer. Some people do not want to sit in those but if they are the only seats available they too are filled.

One other problem is 'single seats' which are hard to sell if you are coming as a family as you can't sit together.

I would also point out that although the Family Stand sold out yesterday, it is several games sinced this has happened.

Judy
Ticket Office Manager
JudyD

Postby EX OS TOWN » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:00 am

hi, just a quick comment about the ' restricted view' seats, in a brand new stadium like ours surely there shouldn't be even one seat in the place with a restricted view!!
"One Graham Turner"
EX OS TOWN

Family stand

Postby JudyD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:14 am

There several restricted view seats in the ground, caused by the disabled platforms and the tv camera gantry. Although these seats have been marked as ' restricted view' some of them are only marginally restricted(in fact, many of these seats have season ticket holders in them!) but we do have to warn people that part of their view may be blocked.

Judy
Ticket Office Manager
JudyD

Postby matty2011 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 am

EX OS TOWN wrote:hi, just a quick comment about the ' restricted view' seats, in a brand new stadium like ours surely there shouldn't be even one seat in the place with a restricted view!!

Yes too right, to be honest i didn't think there was any restricted viewed seats
Last edited by matty2011 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matty2011

Postby Bradders » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:47 am

Who cares, its not effecting you so does it really matter? Im sure Judy has better things to do than answer un-necessary questions.
Bradders

Postby zen&football » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:30 pm

i think a possible factor in this is that,children do have a lot of other interests,many birthday party's are at the weekend so they will not always be able to go also the club have tried to get new family's to come with a very good deal so some may have voted with there feet, i have a family stand ticket both of my girls have not been able to come to every game due to colds etc but have come to most.

my observation is that most seats are filled but there have been a few empty ones,
zen
zen&football

Postby drhopster » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:41 pm

I normally sit in the family stand with my kids if its full we just sit somewere ealse
drhopster

Return to Questions to the club