Rotherham game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Rotherham game

Postby zenfootball » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

town have a mixed bag in the remaining fixtures for November with bottom bury and then Bradford .After there worst performance of the season against Walsall , we hope town bounce back with a more assured / less error prone game were everyone turns up and gives 120% that we have grown used to
Rotherham have had slump in form with two draws and two loses ,Rotherham have been a free scoring team and Jon Taylor there pacey forward has been a factor in this , he had a knee injury erlier in the season and limped off during the second half of there last game and is a doubt for the shrewsbury game ,center half michael ihiekwe will missing after picking up five cards , however midfielder lee frecklington and left back joe mattock will be playing , second choice keeper Richard O’Donnell will be playing as there first choice is on international duties, they will be unable to field a keeper as a sub as third choice keeper Lewis Price has dislocated one finger and broke another one .
considering the next few game a draw is the minimum and we must not concede the first goal
zenfootball

Re: Rotherham game

Postby zenfootball » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 pm

town will be without Nolan whilst not a surprise it is a blow
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:19 am

Agreed it's a blow but it's important to get him fully rested and fit for the remainder of the season. It would be a mistake to play him half crocked.
I suppose this will mean Bryn Morris getting a start. I'd like to see what he can do over 90 minutes. He's a good player and we haven't seen the best of him what with injuries and being just down the pecking order behind Agogo, Godfrey and Nolan.
Maybe Hurst will prefer Dodds though.
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 pm

a rather harsh decision gave Rotherham a penalty a priceless save by Henderson was quickly followed by a town goal.
i was rather surprised to see Nolan play but he scored a well take goal to fire town ahead. Rotherham went route one and with volkes they were able to fire in some long throws,
towns defense had to be on there toes, i think it was very sensible for beckles to swap with sadler as he gave extra height.the ref was very poor, the Rotherham fans were very vocal about every decision it felt as if Rotherham got every decision.

the second half hardly started when Ogogo was red carded , my pet hate is when players try to get another player a red card / yellow card as it was a straight red i think that is a three match ban , after that most of the second half was very much attack versus defense at least with Henderson catching the ball it helps to take some pressure of the defense.
town had to work incredibly hard with ten man town holding on when the pressure payed off 1-1 , town play till the whistle and just dont know when to quit as payne smashed in a priceless goal.
with Wigan losing town opened up a four point lead .
zenfootball

Return to General Chat