Checkatrade trophy

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Checkatrade trophy

Postby zenfootball » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm

so we play Walsall again as we are already qualified whilst technically Coventry could qualify if they win and Walsall lose, so you would imagine Walsall will field a full strength team so town have the option to lets the fringe players to have some first team experience, you would hope that Nolan will be rested as he left the field holding his groin .
i wonder how many will come out tonight? with only a few blocks open they clearly don't expect many.
we have had a lot of rain today so the pitch could be a bit slippery and the ball might fly across the pitch .
zenfootball

Re: Checkatrade trophy

Postby zenfootball » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:14 pm

this was towns worst performance of the season ,they made a very slow start we played a 3 -5-2 formations towns defense looked stretched and Walsall were getting behind us far to often, Godfrey was right back , towns forwards looked very static and we did not cause them any problems until the 40th minute were the half time came too early for town as we had a flurry of chances . we got to about 20 yards from there goal and it was just begging for someone to shoot but we went for the extra pass and things either fizzled out or we tried to walk the ball in.

the ref sent godfrey off ,saunders and ogogo got yellow cards i thought they were all rather harsh.
Payne missed towns best chance to drag his shoot wide i wondered if he was nursing an injury as his posture looked odd.no one came out of this game with much credit we looked to huff and puff and kick and hope. a collective poor team performance to add insult injury towns defense switched off to concede a soft goal near the end of the game. i dont know if it was because we had already got to the next round but we lacked pace, we ;lacked ideas and we did not look very sharp.
zenfootball

Re: Checkatrade trophy

Postby zenfootball » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 am

there is no way to wrap up a performance were town were c**p , it was like last season before Hurst came to the rescue , at least he does not wrap it up and was crtical of the performance, and what is concerning is that this was nearly our first team playing.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat