Aldershot fa cup game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Aldershot fa cup game

Postby zenfootball » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:09 pm

town have a history of falling on banana skins against non league teams, in the Cup form is often thrown out of the window .
Hurst is to good a manager to underestimate any team and Aldershot deserve to be treated with respect for the journey they have made to get to the third round.
town have to shake of the defeat against Posh and the end of there unbeaten run , so in a way this game is a double edge sword , Town will be favorites and Aldershot will wont to be giant killers. town need to show discipline resilience and character . they must not do any thing stupid so need to be organized, disciplined and not switch off.
we need to be aware they may throw the proverbial kitchen sink at us , so town need to keep there shape, keep things simple and play to our strengths , after his injury we don't know if Nolan has recovered he might be rested. Aldershot are 9th in a very tight league they have won 7 games drawn 6 games and lost 5 games scoring 29 goals and conceding 23 goals. the goal scored seem to be spread through the team but equal top scores with Four goals each are Shamir Fenelon and Mat McClure .
zenfootball

Re: Aldershot fa cup game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:29 pm

all credit to Aldershot who came to play attacking football , McGilliury made a good save and looked very solid as he came for corners,i was less impressed with towns defence in the first half some very sloppy play , some awful passes, with a few suicidal diagonal passes as an Aldershot forward closed them down was not good for my nerves, combined with defenders losing concentration all of which caused a few unnecessary problems .town got better through the game at times we looked to over complicate things and walk the ball in the net. the Aldershot left and right back were there for the taking and we exploited the space more effectively in the second half.town won a comfortable by five goals better finishing by Payne who fluffed the easiest chance when one on one with the keeper and Morris failed to slot away a straight forward chance and it should have been Seven.
i was very surprised to see Nolan play as he had gone of with a groin problem in the last game and went off in clear discomfort holding his groin why on earth was he not rested.
Morris scored i believe with his first touch as he came on a sub with an emphatic shoot.
the best possible result after our first defeat also after some awful fa cup games against lower division teams a nice emphatic win
i think that Aldershot deserve credit for keeping going and not letting there head drop and trying to score a goal
zenfootball

Return to General Chat