Peterborough united game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Peterborough united game

Postby zenfootball » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:37 am

town are back on there travels we face Peterborough who have drawn 1 and lost 4 of there last five games, there appears to be growing discontent among the fans who's expectations were promotion, an alleged incident occurred were grant Mcanns wife and thee young sons were attending a game and were allegedly verbally abused ,the chairman has offered a £1,000 reward .
whilst Peterborough have had a poor run of form they have quality players, they have played a number of top eight teams and the margins have been tight and many games could have gone the other way ,the exception and heaviest defeat this season was a 1-4 defeat to oxford in September.

another game were who scores first could influence the game , if we score and can impose ourselves the posh fans might turn on the team,( the alleged abuse came after the last defeat) however they see themselves as a team who are going to end our undefeated run a thread on one forum" the taming of the shrews" predict we will not last the season as a top 7 team.
i would expect omar beckles to step in as left back he has not had a lot of first team time but so far has shown to be competent i dont know if he can replicate to attacking options of brown so i am sure Hurst will come up with something, despite there form it would be a serious mistake to underestimate Posh. we have to be organized and not make any silly mistakes, i would be surprised if Posh will do a fleetwood for a home game .
Posh have a goal difference of 3 they have scored 24 goals and conceded 21
zenfootball

Re: Peterborough united game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:59 pm

riley in on left back and beckles comes in for a sick saddler.
a fabulous goal from a long range shoot gave posh an early lead and not the start town would have wanted if i was been picky Henderson was caught out of position and too far out of his goal. Posh showed a real willingness to shoot from anywhere and looked dangerous going forward towns defense were been stretched and our midfield lost possession too many times as posh closed them down quickly.
Morrison was denied an equalizer as posh keeper made a good save from a header , town got better as the half progressed but have not really opened up posh enough.

well this day had to come and whilst town worked hard we forced a goal mouth clearance , we really did not have the last bit of quality in the final third too many balls went adrift or were catching practice , we had a lot of possession but we did not trouble posh enough
zenfootball

Re: Peterborough united game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:47 pm

this may seem a strange thing to say but perhaps losing will not be such a bad thing, the pressure of trying to remain unbeaten has gone , what is important is how town react to the defeat and move forward from it.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat