was this the best 45 minutes ?

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

was this the best 45 minutes ?

Postby zenfootball » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 pm

todays outstanding 45 minutes were Bristol rovers went in probably wondering what the hell just happened
so is the best 45 minutes you have ever seen?
have you seen town play better if you did what was the game?
zenfootball

Re: was this the best 45 minutes ?

Postby matster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Great half but they weren't great for the first ten minutes and rovers were in control at that point. Aftet that though .... wow
matster

Postby zenfootball » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am

matster wrote:Great half but they weren't great for the first ten minutes and rovers were in control at that point. Aftet that though .... wow

yes i agree matster but then wow and more wow in fact i had to pick up my jaw . just as well no camera was on me otherwise they would have seen a middle aged man jumping up and down with a slightly dazed look on his face.
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 am

I agree with master. After 10 minutes I was feeling quite nervous and was thinking that Rovers certainly looked like they had a goal or two in them. But after Rodman scored...fantastic.
The best 45 minutes i ever saw was against Luton on 10 Jan 1970. We absolutely ripped them apart in the first half and were 4-0 up at half time. The game finished 5-1. Scorers were Andrews, Moir (2), McLaughlin (Jimmy Mac) and Harkin. The main difference was that Town were having an indifferent season and Luton were riding high - they eventually finished 2nd behind Orient! - so it was a different class of opposition to the other night. Town finished 15th that season.
Speaking of Orient, the division also contained Torquay, Tranmere, Halifax, Southport, Barrow and Stockport, all of them non-league clubs now.
lazchamp

Return to General Chat