Plymouth

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Plymouth

Postby zenfootball » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:40 pm

despite there record it would be foolish to underestimate them , i know the sky highlights can be a bit deceiving at time but they did cause Fleetwood a few problems,they have pace and are a big team and looked dangerous going forward ,the defense got caught out on the counter attack and got opened up with a combinastion of diagonal balls and off the ball movement.
on paper they look to be struggling they have lost the last four games and there goal difference is -13 ,maths is not my strong point but they concede 2.5 for every goal they score. there loan forward player Nadir Ciftic from Celtic has not been fully fit when he was with Dundee he scored 25 goals in two season since joining Celtic he has been on loan in Europe and Turkey . the Plymouth manager has had the toxic backing of the chairman usually a pre- cursor for a P45 lose against us and he might be on his way

Whalley may not play due to injury he has received some criticism from Hurst for his below par performance .
we most certainly dont want to concede an early goal and NOT give them any hope. this is a game were historically town struggle it has banana skin written all over it.
it is not realistic to expect town to play as they did against wigan every game but the minimum on our travels is to get a point. however we need to win this we need to put away teams who are struggling ,lets us hope towns midfield are back to firing on all cylinders after a below par performance against Walsall
after Plymouth the next three games will be tough
zenfootball

Re: Plymouth

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:56 pm

town have were camped in the last third for 35 minutes but for all the possession town have struggled to create a clear chance and have not troubled the Plymouth keeper , clearly there strategy is have every players behind the ball frustrated town and score from a set pieces or on the break. they should have scored from header our defense fell asleep and did not pick him up it took 35 minutes for them to do that and there delivery was a lot better than ours and they have had the better chances. whilst Arthur looks bright it is his first touch htat lets him down , i like whalley but i was a bit surprised he was chosen before roadman , however Whalleys deliveries continue to be inconsistent. town have lacked to guile to break down a packed defences.
personally i would sub Whalley and bring on rodman
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:02 pm

town make the worst possibly start as Henderson had no chance against a well taken shoot . for all towns possession prior to Whalleys equalizer( just as well i was not manager as i thought he should have been subbed) the Plymouth keeper only made one save .town faced a different test today how to unpick a packed defence , the first substitutions said it all Hurst went for two attacking options and Plymouth took off a striker and brought on a defender. i know town will loss no disrespect to Plymouth but i really did not wont to lose to the bottom club, Whalley saves towns bacon with a crucial equalizer.
i dont know why town did not use the width more , we just did not get behind there defenses enough it was only in the last few minutes that brown and rodman did it and both caused problems , fortunately Plymouth blast over the bar, lewis shot is cleared of the line.
whilst it was very negative Plymouth got a point .strategically and tactically town looked to be struggling with ways to break down Plymouth
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:38 pm

seen the goals if i was picky whilst Henderson makes few errors i think he could have done better but the midfield and center backs should have done a lot better the goal scorer went past four town players with little effort before shooting
zenfootball

Return to General Chat