walsall game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

walsall game

Postby zenfootball » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:48 am

town are on there travels i know this is regarded as a local derby but i still think of the old days Wrexham, Chester and Hereford.
Walsall fans must feel disorientated they are so used to looking down at struggling town and now they have to look up! Walsall have won 3 drawn 4 and lost 4 some games by fines margins they have conceded 20 goals a 5 -1 thrashing from Rotherham distorts that slightly , to be fair they have been plagued by injuries.

looking on there fans forum there seems to be a mixture of apprehension probably a new feeling for them especially as i heard on the radio we had not beaten them on our travels since 1993! , to they can only score goal one ,to we can beat the likes of Town, with been top comes the knowledge that teams will raise there game they wont too win anyway but we are now a scalp to be prized!

to my mind Walsall are our boggy team this game has banana skin all over it and just to make things even more interesting Tyler Roberts is on loan from the baggies and we all know how dangerous he is apparently Walsall are favorites to win if this was a normal season that would be a no brainer but this is far from typical Town.
normally you would expect Walsall to stick to what they always do have a formation of 4-4-2 keep it on the ground defend well play from the back with pace whilst keeping it on the ground with good distribution ,looking at the Walsall forum there seems discontent with the manger who" does not know the best system ,does not know who to to play and performances have been inconsistent" it all sounded how things were before Melon went let us hope he stays till Saturday.

i know we will get beaten but please not to Walsall . town should be rested as most first team players did not play against the baggies under 21,i don't know how strong a team Walsall fielded against Coventry, it woiuld be so nice to wipe the smug looks of the Walsall fans and really turn it on against them,i would imaging there confidence will be dented so who scores first will be vital a hat-full of goals from town with a Wigan like performances would be very nice
zenfootball

Re: walsall game

Postby Bluedog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Tyler Roberts will be on international duty with Wales on Saturday, every little helps.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Bluedog wrote:Tyler Roberts will be on international duty with Wales on Saturday, every little helps.

thanks for that Bluedog good news for us then
zenfootball

Postby matster » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 pm

1500+ tickets sold to Shrewsbury fans. It's going to be a heated and vocal game. Walsall are without three international call-up players and some injuries. Shrewsbury are without Henderson in goal. The ref has dished out four reds this season. Oh and Hurst has been awarded manager of the month...

Local derby's, who knows what's happen!
matster

Postby zenfootball » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 pm

matster wrote:1500+ tickets sold to Shrewsbury fans. It's going to be a heated and vocal game. Walsall are without three international call-up players and some injuries. Shrewsbury are without Henderson in goal. The ref has dished out four reds this season. Oh and Hurst has been awarded manager of the month...

Local derby's, who knows what's happen!

Hell i forgot about Henderson matster
a card happy ref perhaps playing brown might not be a good idea?
i am going to be on tender-hooks i will have no nails left and probably be horse after yelling at the radio, i so so wont town to beat them if this was a day were town turn out a wigan like performance with lots of goals this is the game, we have to beat them away some time
we badly need to score first we dont wont to give them or the home crowd any hope
zenfootball

Postby matster » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 pm

It would be fantastic to get a win.
matster

Postby lazchamp » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:21 am

A win would be fantastic. I know we're going to lose one day but please, not today!!

Here's an interesting article off the BBC Sport pages

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41489293

Come on Town!! Breathe on 'em, Salop!!
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:58 pm

a rather scrappy start by town , Walsall score first the keeper had no chances , thankfully town quickly equalized potential controversy as the Walsall players escapes punishment following the penalty decision Payne SCORES 1-1 , payne un;lucky not to score a hat rick one shoot is cleared on the way to goal and then a goal is disallowed for offside,Waalsall defenses looks wobbly but they look dangerous going forward .

whilst the neutrals may have enjoyed this game town failed to impose themselves on the second half as it was end to end, a crucial save in the last minutes kept town in the game, it may seem harsh but really disappointed that we did not win but more pragmatically we held our own tyler roberst came on as a sub and was a handful .
thought the ref was fussy and useless ,what a difference the red card could have made we will never know
Dodds should have subed sooner as he clearly faded in the second half
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:20 pm

zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 am

seen the goals whilst Walsall shoot was a dipping curling ball if i was been picky it was fairly centeral and MacGillivary should have done better but he redmeed himself with a reflex save against Roberts, seen our penalty how the hell non of the officials did not work out who it was i will never know it was a red card all day and walsall had a player on for 70 minutes who should have been warming the bench. this ref cost town three points as the ball went back in the box, the walsall center back flicked it on to Payne, who finished superbly so his second goal was not offside that goal should have stood.

this ref cost town a win there must be some mechanism to feed back to the FA how useless he was today,personally it just highlight the need for video it would have shown who handled the ball and he would have been warming the bench for 70 minutes and it would have shown Paynes second goal was not offside .
zenfootball

Postby Bluedog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:31 pm

My info about Roberts not playing was duff info,but he did'nt score thank goodness,i was not at the game but the ref was a bit of a prat,still it was another point.
Bluedog

Return to General Chat