Doncaster game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Doncaster game

Postby zenfootball » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 pm

after another high tempo game town quickly face Doncaster managed by Darren Ferguson, whilst Doncaster have lost 3 and won 1 in there last 4 league games the margins in this league are narrow , the games they lost were by only by a goal , they played well against Arsenal so they are a team who are improving , Ferguson tends to build teams who keep things on the ground and are well disciplined, he has made a few derogatory comments about shrewsbury if i recall it correctly one was " all brawn and no brains" it will be very pleasing to beat him but this will be tough and i wonder if hurst will rest any players.
zenfootball

Re: Doncaster game

Postby zenfootball » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

hurst needed to rotate players this resulted in a different structure , i appreciate dodds has had very little first team appearence but he should have been subbed at half time as Doncaster were wining the midfield battle ,one thing this showed is that town look a lot more vulnerable defensively without Godfrey. Henderson had to berate his defense on a number of occasions

Doncaster had a number of chances and missed a sitter in the opening minutes two very good saves from Henderson kept town in the game, town looked dangerous going forward and Doncaster looked less than convincing in defense,Henderson had no chance as Doncaster went ahead 1-0 within a few minute Riley equalized.

Morris was immense and had a good game Godfrey came on as right back and Whalley replaced Rodman ,town were mainly limited to counter attacks as Doncaster had the upper hand in he midfield dodds was subbed Gnahoua scored the vital winner in extra time

winning the games you dont play well in is a bonus
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:26 am

There seems to be confusion about who scored first.
All the stats and the Sky video suggest Riley scored first followed by Rowe's equaliser for Doncaster a minute later. However, all the match reports I've read say that Doncaster took the lead and Riley equalised. Belting shot by the way! Anyone know for sure what happened?
I've been away a lot so the Blackburn game was the first time I'd seen the lads since Northampton. I've been following it all with growing amazement and delight.
We've got a real team now; but it's well short of perfection. I agree with Bluedog. Payne seemed isolated; Toto had a few wobbly moments; Whalley is fast and direct but I wish he'd get his head up occasionally and pick out a decent pass; should Hurst be playing Rodman and Whalley together?
So I was interested when I saw the line up last night. I'm glad Beckles got a start and seemed to do OK. Morris and Payne started together and although Payne started on the left, the dual striker idea seemed a positive move.
I can't quite believe what's happening. It will come to an end eventually but I'd love to see us put one over on Walsall on Oct 7th before it does! Talking of whom, Tyler Roberts is doing really well for them apparently.
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 pm

lazchamp wrote:There seems to be confusion about who scored first.
All the stats and the Sky video suggest Riley scored first followed by Rowe's equaliser for Doncaster a minute later. However, all the match reports I've read say that Doncaster took the lead and Riley equalised. Belting shot by the way! Anyone know for sure what happened?
I've been away a lot so the Blackburn game was the first time I'd seen the lads since Northampton. I've been following it all with growing amazement and delight.
We've got a real team now; but it's well short of perfection. I agree with Bluedog. Payne seemed isolated; Toto had a few wobbly moments; Whalley is fast and direct but I wish he'd get his head up occasionally and pick out a decent pass; should Hurst be playing Rodman and Whalley together?
So I was interested when I saw the line up last night. I'm glad Beckles got a start and seemed to do OK. Morris and Payne started together and although Payne started on the left, the dual striker idea seemed a positive move.
I can't quite believe what's happening. It will come to an end eventually but I'd love to see us put one over on Walsall on Oct 7th before it does! Talking of whom, Tyler Roberts is doing really well for them apparently.

Doncaster scored first Riley equalized within a few minutes very pleased that Arthur scored , saw the highlights on sky and htey messed up as it showed riley scoring first other media then latched on to that hence confusion.
without Godfrey town looked vulnerable defensively , according to a post on the another forum it took till January to get this amount of points!!!
zenfootball

Return to General Chat