Blackburn game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Blackburn game

Postby zenfootball » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm

so we face another promotion favorite another big club with a big budget
there form has improved after a bit of a mixed start on there travels they have won there last three games without conceding a goal ,prior to losing against Wimbledon they had won four on the trot ,including Bradford and a 4-1 win against MKDons a team town have struggled to get any wins from.
a headline town fans are not used to seeing when a big club comes calling

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... bury_Town/

the margins will be tight and town will need to be at the top of there game and very clinical in front of goal
zenfootball

Re: Blackburn game

Postby zenfootball » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 am

let us hope Payne has fully recovered
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 pm

the good news payne is fit
our right back could have there hands full with Harry Chapman he is a midfielder and a winger who play on the left bearing in mind both our right backs lack pace and town have struggled with diagonal balls , town will need to switched on to the threat he poses.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:33 pm

a high tempo end to end game blackburn best chance in the first half was a free header that went wide , i think it was payne who hit the crossbar in the first half town had half chances, things heated up in the second,Whalley shot over ,payne hit the post Toto scores with a header Rodman had a chance but could not sort his feet out, whilst i think town had more chances and Blackburn wobbled after the town goal ,some astute substitutions and a change of formation by Blackburn contributed to the equalizer ,i think it is important to put things in to some context the blackburn goal score cost £750K according to on of the Blackburn forum's they squad are the highest paid in the league
towns work rate and energy was impressive if i was been picky whilst Whalley caused a lot of problems 90% of his corners and crosses were just catching practice , this was another game were town gave far too many free kicks in dangerous areas, Town could have won this at times i thought in a close game i they edged it town more than held there confidence breeds confidence and town looked comfortable and resolute.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:02 pm

the interplay between nolan and payne that opened up Blackburn as the keeper saved with his feet and the shoot was deflected to the post is as good as you will see any team produce at this level.
after such a high tempo physically draining game i wonder if Hurst will rest some players
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:09 pm

by the about the 80th minute both toto and bolton were struggling with cramp especially toto who was really struggling to move, i was surprised Hurst did not sub one of them.
however the crowds are growing there has been empty seats in my block that are now having fans in them today there was a lot more fans in the family stand and there is a real buzz in the ground, if we can continue to play like this and maintain this consistency teams will have to re evaluate there opinions of town.
zenfootball

Postby Bluedog » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm

We are getting results so far with this system but for me Payne is too isolated, we clearly are not going to score many goals, what the answer is i don't know.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Bluedog wrote:We are getting results so far with this system but for me Payne is too isolated, we clearly are not going to score many goals, what the answer is i don't know.

I agree Bluedog i also dont know but Hurst is an astute manager and i am sure he will have a plan
one observation although he has scored whilst Nolan is outstanding he makes things tick and assist's in a lot of attacks , i wish he would shoot and be just a little bit more selfish .
zenfootball

Return to General Chat