Football has gone mad

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Football has gone mad

Postby zenfootball » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Real Madrid have said in the Spanish press they are close to signing 18-year-old France striker Kylian Mbappé, after reportedly reaching the basis of an agreement with Monaco that would see him head to the Santiago Bernabéu for a total fee of €180m (£161m). Monaco, though, have denied that they have agreed to the apparently his father is negotiating the deal! if true he will sign a 6 year deal worth 7 million Euros a year !!!

the amount footballers have been sold for and paid has been obscene for years but he is EIGHTEEN!!
if true you could build 3 hospital for £161 million or employ 1,600 hospital consultants for a year !!
zenfootball

Re: Football has gone mad

Postby lazchamp » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm

All the Neymar business proves your point, Zen. Sure, he's a good player - but worth a wage of over £500K a week??!! I don't think so.
You should amend your heading to "Football has gone completely stark staring bonkers!!"
I wonder what PSG's insurance premiums are going to be.
lazchamp

Re: Football has gone mad

Postby zenfootball » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:28 pm

lazchamp wrote:All the Neymar business proves your point, Zen. Sure, he's a good player - but worth a wage of over £500K a week??!! I don't think so.
You should amend your heading to "Football has gone completely stark staring bonkers!!"
I wonder what PSG's insurance premiums are going to be.

Bonkers sums it up!
zenfootball

Return to General Chat