What do town need for next season?

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Re: What do town need for next season?

Postby zenfootball » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:03 pm

welcome Craig MacGillivray. , i have no idea what funds are available but as it stand we look very weak up front ,it is utter madness to not sort out the defense , because no matter how many goals we score if cant keep clean sheets and our defense leaks like sieve as we did last season we are going to struggle, ideally we need two more forwards and a left back a right back a center back. we have 29 days before our first league 1 game of the new season
zenfootball

Postby matster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:54 pm

My mistake, Rodman is obviously still with us as he has scored for Town in the game against Brackley tonight
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 am

as callum Burton and Dom smith did not feature in the bonding training in Portugal it appears that they may not be featuring with town on towns page Callum is in talks with Hull, prersonally rather sad if Dom Smith goes ,i dont think he has been give any real time to establish himself and i always thought he had a lot of potential and whilst still learning he had some good performances but it appears Hurst seems to have a different view . i hope both get the chance to prove him wrong and wish them well.

another lower league player arrives in the shape of right back James Bolton this means the natural left back Christos Shels can revert to his natural position , we just need another center back ,we seem to have the keepers sorted

bit concerned about Hurst interview with shropshire star saying he is happy with two forwards and that Dodds can alternate !!! considering one forward is recovering from a long term injury and last year had virtually no playing time, i cant say that reassures me ,however he did say if the right forward came along he would look at him?

sorry if this sounds a bit gloom and doom but we have a number of players signed from lower leagues with no experience of playing at this level so that is a big adjustment , i am aware of starting to sound like Victor Meldrew , i even caught myself saying i cant believe it ,at the number of very young players in the club, trying to be positive both groups have a lot to prove , they can play at a higher level and the other group may play with no fear , however back to grumpy old man mood !
if we struggle both groups could feel totally out of there depths, whilst pre season helps with team understanding most are played more like a training ground.
so then a lot rests on the Captain and older heads like Ogogo to support them . i hope we can sign another center back and a prove goal scorer

12 games in will give us an idea what to expect, i will try to be more positive by the start of the season.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:49 am

welcome Niall Ennis an 18 forward on a season loan
another center back would be nice!
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm

It seems from his last interview Hurst does not appear to be looking for any other players personally i think we still are weak at the back and could do with another forward
clearly . Hurst is expecting more on the training ground and has been disappointed by some players attitude and some parts of there performances in the pre season friendlies .
time is running out so i hope the team is up for the new season.
zenfootball

Previous

Return to General Chat