season ticket

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

season ticket

Postby zenfootball » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:09 am

regardless of whether town are in league 1 or league 2 i wonder how many fans will be getting the early bird rate on there season ticket , will you be renewing it or going for another option ? or have you had enough and decided to use your money for other purposes .
i had noticed a few season ticket holder around me went for just coming to a few games this season, i must need a sanity check but i will be getting an early bird season ticket and just hope we can somehow manage to stay up .
zenfootball

Re: season ticket

Postby matster » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:54 pm

I got mine a couple of weeks ago when picking up Chesterfield tickets. I've had one every season in the GM. I must admit if I didn't buy one, I don't know how many I'd attend if I had to buy them match at a time due to the hassle and finding other reasons!
matster

Postby zenfootball » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am

matster wrote:I got mine a couple of weeks ago when picking up Chesterfield tickets. I've had one every season in the GM. I must admit if I didn't buy one, I don't know how many I'd attend if I had to buy them match at a time due to the hassle and finding other reasons!

i started supporting town when i moved here in 1987 and prior to getting a season ticket i did not attend as regularly as i did afterwards , i go to most home games and listen to the away games on the radio, i think after last time we got relegated town lost a % of fans . the club said we did really well last season with season ticket sales i can only say that around were i sit a number of the seats were i sit which were once season tickets dont seem to be now.
zenfootball

Postby matster » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:16 am

We had some regular season ticket holders next to us but they moved to block 12 or 11 when a decent gap was available. I doubt they're still going though. Happily we have had new season ticket holders move in next to us.

It's frustrating that the more fickle fans come to watch us play not very well against Bolton and will make a judgement for next season based on that.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:39 am

matster wrote:We had some regular season ticket holders next to us but they moved to block 12 or 11 when a decent gap was available. I doubt they're still going though. Happily we have had new season ticket holders move in next to us.

It's frustrating that the more fickle fans come to watch us play not very well against Bolton and will make a judgement for next season based on that.

i hold the travelling fans in the highest admiration for there dedication and you can hear them clearly on the radio ,we have a core group who come week in week out ,i come to nearly all the home games even during the dire times .the club does a lot in the community and it needs to so the club can be a welcoming family friendly club for the next generation of fans.we are also going to have some fans who come if we are playing well or on a cup run and play a big team that is how it is . money is a factor and whilst i think town do there best ,ultimately town will need to play more consistent attractive football to retain some fans and attract new ones . i wonder how this poor run and the prospect of possible relegation will have on season tickets and crowd numbers .

in recent years when town have got promoted we have really struggled in the transition to playing at a higher level were we can be more consistent and be a mid league team and build from that, this is a very competitive league and just a few results can mean a big difference in you position in the league
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:59 pm

a fan by me told me have only sold 700! town are going to have pull something out of the bag to get up to 3,000 .
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:40 pm

at the match i heard we have now sold 2,000 .who knows how accurate that is, but if take it at face value the closing date for early bird prices has passed and we are 1,000 short of last season. i wonder if people have decided to cherry pick games or are waiting to see if we stay up ?
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 pm

the club are now staying we have sold 2,500 which is great news as not far short of the total for last season
zenfootball

Postby matster » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Yep great news for the club. I wonder how many are under eights out of that number?
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 pm

any fans who were sitting on the fence will hopefully now go for it and boost the numbers
zenfootball

Postby Bluedog » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm

I was told today that the club are extending the early bird offer because fans did not know what league we would be in, but i cant see anything about it on the net? i have got mine.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Bluedog wrote:I was told today that the club are extending the early bird offer because fans did not know what league we would be in, but i cant see anything about it on the net? i have got mine.

i thought this was the season were they were they going to stop doing it ?
zenfootball

Return to General Chat