Bradford Game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Bradford Game

Postby zenfootball » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19 pm

town face a very tough home game against Bradford who have won 2 and drawn 2 of there last four games .whilst we scrapped a draw against Swindon i wonder if Hurst will swap keepers or keep the faith ? defensive frailties continue to cost town points, the wingers did make a big difference town looked better going forward with the extra width , town badly need some consistency across the pitch ,we need a win but realistically can we get a point? the gap is growing between mid table and lower mid so town badly need to get things on track we are 12 points behind 12th place Oxford ,glad that Aristote red card was overturned and will now be available .
i am trying to find some crume of comfort whilst Bradford have not lost at home and have a good goal ration the have lost three games on there travels !
Bradford fans are very confident of three points and an easy 0-3 win it would be nice to prove them wrong .unless Hurst pulls a rabbit out of his hat we are looking rather threadbare in the forward department .
zenfootball

Re: Bradford Game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:45 pm

prior to this game i was hoping for a draw but expecting nothing, so well done town for upsetting the form book , town were the better team in the first half they worked really hard at pressing Bradford all over the park and trying to play high up the park.
Dodds fired over bar , Ladapo burst in to the box and forced a good save , Dodds pounced ironically on an error from Knights Percival and Ladapo slotted the ball home,towns defense created there own problems with a mixture of rash and clumsy challenges we gave far too many free kicks in dangerous areas and times were slow in clearing there lines.

town made a slow start to the second half and brad ford got more in to the games , for the last 30 minutes town sat deep and Bradford put town under pressure , some resolute defending and throwing bodies on the line kept a clean sheet,with town counter attacking, Dodds suddenly sat down and went off i hope it was not serious Whalley came on and whilst he burst through with pace his first touch often let him down and he missed a golden chance free on goal and put it wide , i dont think he realized how much space and time he had.

As a whole town deserved this win, they showed a real battling spirit ,Aristole had a very good game he provides height and physicality with guile to our defense ,Ladapo held up the ball and battled for everything,he seems to be developing a good understanding with dodds, Ogogo put in a lot miles to hold up the midfield.
it is ironic that despite the win we go back in to the relegation zone on goal difference .
zenfootball

Return to General Chat