Port Vale game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Port Vale game

Postby zenfootball » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:54 pm

i Know this gets billed as a local derby but when i think local derby i think Wrexham, Chester and Hereford , no surprise to hear extra police in the stadium plus extra presence in the grounds and in town.
Port Vale have done a better job of settling in too league 1 they occupy a comfortable mid table position they have won 1 ,drawn 1 and lost two of there last four games the win was a 2-1 victory over Fleetwood.

Hurst has asked for vocal support from the home crowd , he has given the team the hairdryer treatment not sure how much good that will do ,we have a defense who have been making the same mistakes most games, i am sure Port Vale will be confident ,they tend to be a tall squad with a physical presence , you can bet they will try for as many corners and crosses and load the box.
will Hurst keep faith with Halstead ,will he have a strategy to cope with overlapping wide players that Fleetwood used so well against us .
if town are to get anything ,we badly need to play with the same intensity we showed in the first half against Oxford and play higher up the park to keep the pressure off our wobbly defence.
zenfootball

Re: Port Vale game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:45 pm

town showed the same intensity they did against oxford for the first twenty minutes we had a few half chances,Brown really should have done better with the best chance of the first half there were two defenders on the line and he does not even hit the target . inconsistent distribution from midfield lead to too many moves breaking down , leitch -smith was running into space and trying to make things happen, i cant recal leutwiller having a save in the first half , Vale did create more chances in the last fifteen minutes of the first half.
i was expecting dodds to be really fired up against his old club but it was more of a damp squid with seemingly his usual drifting in and out,he has a good brain and quality and town badly need to see more of him.

town started the brightest in the second half ,more half chances town players needed to many touches on the ball and by the time they were set the moment and the chance had gone . Lutwiller fumbled a straight forward pass he got away with that and also a clearance from a corner that was most certainly nearer a flapping hand than a punch,as the half progress i was getting irritated by him we need a fast clearance to launch a counter attack and keep the moment going were far to often he held on to the ball and slowed things down.town had more half chances in front of goal but nothing that really troubled the keeper,there were a few occasions were outright panic took place in towns defense with a goal mouth clearance and some last ditch defending Vales number 26 pace and trickery caused towns deference some headaches ,
in one part of the game a vale player went down looking for a free kick i presume he was booked for simulation. Vale got away with some sneaky fouls obstruction, pulling, blocking, one one occasion i was amazed toney still had his shirt on his and handball back most did not get punished .
whilst a point helps we needed a win as we drop further behind a five point gap from safety has now opened up.
zenfootball

Re: Port Vale game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:48 pm

if this was a school report it would read better in parts but not good enough, more clinical finishing in front of goal and cutting out school boy errors in defense.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat