Fleetwood game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Fleetwood game

Postby zenfootball » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:27 pm

town are on there travels in the first of three fixtures against Fleetwood they are 10th and have 11 more points on the board and have won two and lost two of there last four games,Fleetwood home form is a lot stronger than there form on there travels but even at home they are not exactly a fortress they have scored 16 goals and conceded 11 . if just focus on Hurst on our travels in league and cup we have won 1 and lost 1 and against Sheffield it was against a very strong team and half the game with only 9 players ,he will have some restructuring to do with Ogogo and O Brian suspended. if we can replicate that second half of true grit and first half intensity we showed against Oxford with better defending we have a real chance.
zenfootball

Re: Fleetwood game

Postby zenfootball » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:23 am

at least we have O'Brien the damage done by the ref cant overturned !
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:46 pm

for the first 30 minutes town edged this game and created some half chances, then town defense started to get sloppy , brown poor pass that Grant gratefully received and a good save from Halstead prevented a goal , town were caught out with a fleetwood counter attack and town defense failed to pick up the goal scorer.
a combination of a Halstead error and a horror show in defense and fleetwood score a soft second goal early in the second half ,fleetwood use of wing combined with towns return to an inability to cope with any high balls created all kinds of problems in the defense, over the course of the game Fleetwood had four free headers and in the second half numerous chances were wasted , Fleetwoods third goal was the real deal the other two were were just gifts from town .
at the start of this game i genuinely thought town had a real chance of winning this unfortunately the return of the unwelcome self destruct happened.combined with town dropping back to bottom is rather disappointing .
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am

Disappointing all round. I had hoped we might get something from the game.

Paul Hurst is not mincing his words in The Star. I can't recall Mickey Mellon ever being as blunt as that. Maybe that's where the root of the problem is. I said after the MK Dons game that I thought the squad was stronger than we had last season and I still believe that. But maybe MM and Jacko let the players become a bit soft. If that's the case it will be interesting to see if PH can sort it out. If he can't shape a few attitudes I can see a few departures in January!
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:13 pm

lazchamp wrote:Disappointing all round. I had hoped we might get something from the game.

Paul Hurst is not mincing his words in The Star. I can't recall Mickey Mellon ever being as blunt as that. Maybe that's where the root of the problem is. I said after the MK Dons game that I thought the squad was stronger than we had last season and I still believe that. But maybe MM and Jacko let the players become a bit soft. If that's the case it will be interesting to see if PH can sort it out. If he can't shape a few attitudes I can see a few departures in January!

well he has tried we are all in it together and that seemed to work however as i posted after the games we won we still had some vulnerability in defense, clearly Hurst felt too many players did not pull there weight and some hairdryer moments are overdue however that does not work with all players. the one thing i would say with 15 minutes to go in the first half fleetwood worked how to cause us problems and Hurst did not change formation.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat