Sheffield utd game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Sheffield utd game

Postby zenfootball » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:48 pm

there are no easy games when you are fighting relegation.
the twenty minutes when Sheffield went up the gears ripped us apart with ease and scored 3 goals tends to stick in your mind they had more ability and class over the last ten games Sheffield have won seven and drawn three .

town are improving but if we are to get anything we will have to close everyone down and not allow sheffield to get in there stride ,town did that for 45 minutes against oxford and a lot of players ran out of steam by the 70th minute , Hurst has made a significant improvement we look a team and players clearly enjoy and wont to play for him , personally if we can get a point i will be very happy.
zenfootball

Re: Sheffield utd game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:24 pm

well everything that could go wrong did in the first half.
a mixture of poor defending and poor communication was a factor in conceding a soft first goal,leitch-smith had towns only chance in the first half, O'BrIan is red carded as Sheffield are awarded a penalty ,Halstead saves it . Sheffield are camped in the final third as they carve through town, town cant cope with Sheffield's speed, creativity, versatility and off the ball movement.Sheffield are winning too many headers and alarmingly not been picked up on the back post
just before half time Ogogo is red carded , Halstead pulled of a string of saves. 2-0

towns forgotten forward Ebanks- Blake comes on with Black as Toney and Leith- Smith are subbed .Sheffield continue to be camped in the final third ,they a literally lining up to shoot , towns players throw there bodies at the ball ironically we defend better with the 9 players ,Halstead was my man of the match he pulled off and stopped at least 6 amazing goal bound shoots and headers in an incredible performance . town showed true grit,and character .you could not ask any more from them.

if i said what i thought of the ref i would probably be kicked off the site !

i don't know why we don't see more of Ebanks- Blake he played a part in towns goal as Dodds smashes in a volley 2-1.despite the result this felt like a win if we can hold our own against so many attacks against a team who will be strong contenders from promotion .what can we do against the others we have a team again , a team willing to fight who gave 120%
no fan could ask for more,it was telling that Sheffield played down the clock against a 9 man town team !

there are plenty of positives to take from this game town showed tremendous spirit , you cant ask for any more from the 9 players left on the park, Hurst has somehow managed to restore some pride in a team that looked a group of demoralized individuals who were arguing with each and looked to have given up to this which is amazing , if we can just gets some points and hang in there till January we might be able to then strengthen the squad, if Halstead continues to play like to today he will be getting a regular first team place and he will have earned it crucially his coming for corners and winning most of them does take some pressure off the defense he did some world class saves today.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:49 pm

The Red cards ;
this is Hurst viewpoint
http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... iscipline/

the radio commentators views the red cards ,1st one no red card no penalty , 2nd red card yellow card

so what about the fans who went what are your views?

the the first card had a big impact on the defense in the first half as they struggled to cope the second red card killed towns chances of winning this,the ref seemed to give Sheffield most of the decisions . my view of him is unprintable .
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Can't argue with any of that, Zen. It was a fantastic effort from the team to win the second half, in the circumstances.

Mr Deadman has just been removed from my Xmas card list!
keithon57

Return to General Chat