Middlesbrough U21 Checkatrade Trophy

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Middlesbrough U21 Checkatrade Trophy

Postby zenfootball » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:30 pm

as we face Middlesbrough U21 Checkatrade Trophy we know we are already out of the competition so it will be interesting to see how Hurst approaches this game.
personally i think it give him the luxury of a game with no pressure too experiment .
he could field fringe players to run the rule over them in a game which is different to the training ground ,i would like to see Ebanks Blake have a run out or he may choose some players who may not bee fully fit and rusty have a run out. Hurst favor 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 so i dont see him messing about with formations , it gives a game to get the defense another 90 minutes to understand what he wont them to do or he may go with his strongest team and work on them in a game that means nothing and there is no pressure , only the the most dedicated die hard fan will go all the way to middlesborough for such a game if you are going you have my admiration
zenfootball

Re: Middlesbrough U21 Checkatrade Trophy

Postby zenfootball » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:34 pm

hurst said on the radio he plans to field a full strength team, it makes sense as he is still working out what the players can do
zenfootball

Re: Middlesbrough U21 Checkatrade Trophy

Postby zenfootball » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:30 am

no radio coverage of this game ; but town have gone from not been able to buy a win or a clean sheet to back to back wins and clean sheets,this will be a big boost for morale and after a four game losing run then a draw to rediscovering what it feels like to win.it will help that leigh smith has found his scoring boots now the challenge is to transfer this to our league form, we have to be patient the defensive problems are still there to see but it looks more promasing.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... -pictures/
zenfootball

Return to General Chat