New manager

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

New manager

Postby Bluedog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Best of luck to Paul Hurst and his no 2 Chris Doige, he has a very big job on his hands to keep us in div 1.
Bluedog

Re: New manager

Postby zenfootball » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm

welcome to town ,i hope he is a good motivator and coach at the moment there are some significant issues with the defense , i have some concerns about his lack of experience.
zenfootball

Postby matster » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Looks like a good move for a manager. Hopefully we can see a marked improvement over time and possibly some player movement in January. Until then we need to support the team.
matster

Postby lazchamp » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:14 am

First impressions after a fortnight.

He made all the right noises on arrival. Seems a level headed guy, with an engaging personality.

I like his emphasis on hard work and fitness. Sounds like he'll be a bit of a ba****rd on the training ground when he needs to be and that's probably what some of this squad need. The thing with people like that is that if you play fair by him he'll play fair by you. If not it'll probably be "Goodbye!" in January!

Good point at Southend with a resolute second half display.

I like the fact that Dom Smith came back from Barrow and I see from The Star that Ethan Jones has come back from Tranmere with Mangan going the other way which is also positive in my view. I'd rather Smith and Jones developed in a Town shirt than in and out of a National League side. Maybe that's an indication of a difference in outlook between Hurst and Mellon. (Mellon's had 4 wins on the bounce! He must be pinching himself!)

Conclusion: all good so far.
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:53 pm

he has shown leadership he has Laid out what he expects he has identified the areas town need to improve and he has made it clear he intends to strengthen the squad in january, we saw from barnet how they tried to break town as all our opponents have done by loading the players our the penalty box and fire in a high ball.
a draw and win is amazibg in hte context of what has been happening he has another game on tuesday that means nothing were he can try out things

i share the view that i also would see Smith and Jones developed in a Town shirt than in and out of a National League side. jones plays with out fear and yes they will both make mistakes beacuase of there inexperience but also they deserve to play
zenfootball

Return to General Chat