Bradford game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Bradford game

Postby zenfootball » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:42 pm

town face Bradford a team who are twenty places above us ,they have not lost this season and have a scoring ratio of scoring two goal for every one they concede there goal difference is + 6, over the last four games they have won two and drawn two
towns goal difference is - 5 over the last four league games we have drawn three and lost one.
town face our former defender knight Percival we have nothing to lose i am sure Bradford fans will expect a comfortable win and three points, for eight game town have conceded first this is a very bad habit that town badly need to stop, i hope Toney has recovered and is fully fit after the injury in the Scunthorpe game.
personally i think town will do very well to get a draw,how our leaking defense performs will influence the result.if we are to get anything from this game i would make the defenders watch the Burnley - Arsenal game, we have to fight for every blade of grass,we must not let them play there game, our midfield needs to be our first defense and we have to be more clinical in front of goal.
let us hope the loyal traveling fans have something to celebrate on the long journey home.up the Blues
zenfootball

Re: Bradford game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:36 am

Danny Coyne faces a tough test as care taker manager he has indicated he has no desire to be manager ,he cant do any worse than Mick jackson, so the expectation will be low for todays game . we have nothing to lose so we could surprise them also the players know they are going to have to opull there socks up as the new manager might give them there p45
zenfootball

Postby matster » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:36 am

Who knows what squad and formation Coyne will put out, but let's hope it's a battling and potentially winning formula that sees us have the opportunity of three points.

Come on you blues!
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:00 pm

the score line flattered Bradford unfortunately yet more poor defending and conceding the first goal put town on the back foot however whilst Bradford had a bright spell they seem to fade in a below par performance.grimmer made a crucial clearance as it was 1-0 at half time

town improved in the second half but we lacked the urgency ,in the final third town did not create enough chances and lacked the composure and cutting edge to make the most of the ones we did have,we were unable to put Bradford under any sustained pressure however town were not outclassed or out played,we just lack the confidence and bit of quality on the ball. Black tried to generate things and was in my opinion the best players . i would have liked to see Ebanks - Blake he has had very little play time he has the quality to make things happen and crucially score goals.
Brown went off injured i hope it is not serious as i dont rate Saddler who's challenge gave Bradford a penalty 2-0 as town drop to 23rd in the table.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat