Peterborough game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Peterborough game

Postby zenfootball » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:43 pm

after a bright start to the season Peterborough have had a run of draws on there travels they seems to concede nearly as many as they score.midfielder gorge moncur will need watching a midfielder who is scoring 10 + goals a season he is a product of the west ham acadamey .they also have two young spurs players on loan Kelede Nathan Oduwa is a pacey winger who has played for the nigerian under 23 team and keeper Luke Mcgee ,Marcus Maddison is a vital link player who is very dangerous from free kicks ,Gwion Edwards is there top scorer with four goals .
over the last four games ; town 1 win 1 draw 2 losses
Peterborough 3 draw 1loss

Town need to start improving at home we have only won one game at home so we need to turn this around.
zenfootball

Re: Peterborough game

Postby zenfootball » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:21 pm

how town were not two goals down in first six minutes was down more to poor finishing , yet again the defense looked at sixes and sevens with any cross .over the game there were seven corners and Peterborough won FIVE of them , town slowly started to get in the game ,when peterborough scored a header from a free kick, the tactics were very clear any corner or set piece just pile players in the box against the most inept defense in league 1 .Leutwiler made a number of saves to keep town in with a chance ,Whalley had two shots on target and looked the most likely player to score ,leigh smith looked out of his depth what is the point of having him as the lone target man he had no chance with the high ball and when he did have the ball his first touch was poor.

in the Second half town came back after Black scored with a header,shortly afterwards he missed a penalty and whilst leigh smith got the free ball he managed to miss an open goal.town had 30 minutes with an extra player we lacked urgency and looked predictable and ponderous, Whalley appeared to be arguing with MM and looked unhappy as he was subbed. a number of town players seemed to be arguing with each other , the team was booed at half time and the end of the game as we drop further down the table ,fans appear to be increasingly frustrated and vocal with there dissatisfaction.i was rather shocked how many fans around me seemed resigned to getting relegated personally i think things can be turned around BUT THE TRANSFER WINDOW IN JANUARY DOES SEEMS A LONG WAY AWAY.

town look a team very low on confidence they pass the ball from side to side or back and many wont too get rid of the ball as quickly as possible .
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:17 am

well we know why whalley was unhappy but it was due to an injury ,i have read MM interview and i am not sure we where at the same game i do agree with him about having a go at players not helping , town had spells were we played well but it is same old problems and we looked a team low on self belief and confidence ,we need a clean sheet and a home win
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:45 pm

I agree, Zen, MM does seem to have a somewhat rose-tinted view of that match.

OK, we did have a fair amount of possession and knocked it about quite tidily at times, but we rarely looked threatening. By contrast, Posh looked very dangerous in the final third. Indeed, they could have had a hatful, were it not for Leutwiler's brilliance. I felt that we needed someone nippy and tricky to unlock their defence. Someone like, er, Ethan Jones?!
keithon57

Postby matster » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:41 pm

Leutwiler had a fantastic moment where he stopped three separate shots within a few seconds. He's had his dodgy moments and admittedly their goal rolled through his legs for their goal, but he did keep us in that game.
matster

Return to General Chat