Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

wimbeldon game

Postby zenfootball » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:37 pm

this is a link on the BBC website to an MM interview,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37412247

town play Wimbeldon are 18th they have won 2 drawn 2 lost 4
Town are 22nd they won 2 Drawn 1 lost 5

last season towns form against teams around them was dismal if we are to stay up we need to do better against teams around us ,we have to stop conceding soft goals from school boy errors,what i would not give to have kai kai back on loan with two new center backs ,i would also like to win the lottery so as that is not going to happen let us hope town can concentrate for 90 minutes play with intensity and for the midfield to be more active in reducing the pressure on our under performing defense.
to be honest i am getting sick of MM saying "fine margins" i would rather hear a plan of how he is going to get the team on track
zenfootball

Re: wimbeldon game

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:33 pm

town make the worst possible start as they concede a goal from the training ground.this seemed to knock the stuffing out of town, towns best chance came from a toney's header .over the course of 45 minutes town huffed a puffed they passed the ball from side to side and back and the Wimbledon keeper did not have too make a save .

MM put on two subs in the second half Whalley and Dodds this transformed things Whalley pace lead to town having more chances in 5 minutes than the whole of the first half,town had a number of shoots, Blacks long range shoot put town level for 15 minutes town looked as if they were going to win the game. leutwiler made three crucial saves ,unfortunately with 10 minutes left Toney's red card changed the dynamics of the game ,It was one way traffic town deserve credit for the tenacity they showed to scrape a draw,however we failed to make the most of the time when we were on top and town created a lot of pressure and problems for themselves by not retaining possession and closing the game down.

over all this is a valuable away point
zenfootball

Return to General Chat