Bury game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Bury game

Postby zenfootball » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:40 am

only one point divides the teams , Bury have a better home record than on there travels ,at home they also score more goals than they concede , not surprising they have a better goal difference than us, our win against Oldham prevented three straight defeats ,a clean sheet and a point would be a good result anything more a bonus.
Bury have been busy in the transfer market they seem to have brought in a number of defenders and midfielders ,that might have contributed to there +3 goal difference
zenfootball

Re: Bury game

Postby Bluedog » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Let's hope the town have spent this week on working on their defending,if they have we may get a draw at Bury.
Bluedog

Postby limacharli » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:17 am

Be very happy with a point at Gigg lane
Jimmy Mack when are you coming back?
limacharli

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:11 pm

the first half was fairly open however Bury were creating the chances a red reduced Bury to 10 men , as the players were going down the tunnel there was a bit of handbags .
going in to the second half i hoped town could make the most of the extra player unfortunately a mixture of poor judgment and a lack of discipline resulted in El Abd getting a red car so he will miss a game,
Town played very deep and invited pressure yet more poor defending let a Bury player all the time in the world as he was unchallenged to place his shoot,the chances were stacking up for Bury a number of fine saves kept town hanging on including a goal line clearance when Toney bravely headed an equalizer ,yet another injury time goal was conceded by town ,when you are playing so deeply mistakes can be punished.

I fail to understand MM tactics of playing so deep ,it invites pressure and we have a poor defense, the inevitable happens and we concede goals, a mixture of poor defending and poor tactics by MM lost us points today
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:36 pm

“There are always things we can do to avoid the goals. We knew he was right footed, we have the bodies there to be able to go out and deal with him but he has bent it into the top corner. But we spoke before the game and we knew what we had to do not to lose a goal like that. For the winner, we had a lot of bodies around the ball and I don’t know how we can have a one two played around us there and then the lad has put it in. We are disappointed with the amount of people we had around the ball and we had to do better in that situation.”

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/arti ... xTU7bcs.99

personally i dont think it is not about the bodies but more about the abilities of the players to know what to do and the communication between the players, MM said they knew about the threat the goalscorer posed with his right foot,good players will score but you have to ask ;so why let him have all that time ,why give him that amount of space our defense just makes it easy for them to score, playing it deep invites pressure which is just suicidel, in one move Bury player was able to run 70 Yards unchallenged that is just not good enough.

i have seen the goals on channel 5 highlights , schoolboy defending just not good enough,the more it happens considering so much time has been spent coaching the defense highlights either MM or Jackson are not up to the job.
zenfootball

Postby Bluedog » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:41 pm

EL-abt may miss two games, 1 for 5 yellow cards and another for the second yellow and red one, Zen you are right about the school boy defending, is it a tactic to defend deep or is it lack of nous by our players,whatever it is it needs sorting.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Bluedog wrote:EL-abt may miss two games, 1 for 5 yellow cards and another for the second yellow and red one, Zen you are right about the school boy defending, is it a tactic to defend deep or is it lack of nous by our players,whatever it is it needs sorting.

it is disappointing and very worrying Bluedog

considering what happened with the hand bags in the tunnel the ref may report it to the FA,if he does the club could get fined.
zenfootball

Postby Clamp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:12 am

So we have changed the team again, same results, same mistakes & same excuses.
I'm beginning to wonder if MM is cut out for this level. There, I've said it!
Anyone else beginning to feel worried?
Clamp

Postby zenfootball » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Clamp wrote:So we have changed the team again, same results, same mistakes & same excuses.
I'm beginning to wonder if MM is cut out for this level. There, I've said it!
Anyone else beginning to feel worried?

i went to the Cambridge game and a number of fans were shouting the same thing to Jackson and MM, this is part of my post about the defense

Joe Riley Right back ( looks good going forward but gets turned over too often )
Ryan Mc Givern Center Bck ( drifts in and out the game ,needs to improve his communication goes for the same ball as other players)
Oliver Lancaster Center Back( not closing down well enough)
Mat Sadler left back( dont rate him not sure why we did not release him,terrible distribution ,switches off to often)
El Abd Right Back( a fans favorite shows tenacity , gets done for speed ,too many rash challenges were if he makes a mistake leaves a huge space for a forward to run in to already has four yellow cards)
(now another yellow and his first red)
the midfield has a part to play in this as well.

personally i think we need two new center backs and get rid of sadler,( there first goal was a result of awful defending) a player was allowed to run across the box ,he was been chased by a player no defender went to close him down and he scored bearing in mind this was a player they were fully aware of the risk he posed, this is not rocket science you have a right footed player he DO NOT allow him to cut across on his right. the defense continue to get the basics wrong again and again. the midfield need to cut out the supply ,what compounded hte problem was sitting so deep.
zenfootball

Postby Clamp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:29 pm

So what is to be done?
Do Town just wait to see what happens and hope for the best?
I'm not one to make changes to management for the sake of it, but waiting too long can also be a mistake.
Relegation is beckoning if Town don't learn how to defend soon.
Clamp

Postby zenfootball » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Clamp wrote:So what is to be done?
Do Town just wait to see what happens and hope for the best?
I'm not one to make changes to management for the sake of it, but waiting too long can also be a mistake.
Relegation is beckoning if Town don't learn how to defend soon.

we where very lucky to stay up last year, we are hearing the same excuses i dont see the chairman sacking MM ,so we either get better defenders or we will have a very long season battling relegation
zenfootball

Return to General Chat