A J Leitch-Smith

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

A J Leitch-Smith

Postby lazchamp » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:23 pm

I'm a bit puzzled by this.

The Star seems very definite that AJ Leitch-Smith and Ryan McGivern have signed from Port Vale. There have been several references to this the last few days.

However there is nothing on Town's website or on the BBC Sport transfer lists confirming the deals. Does anyone know for sure what's going on?
lazchamp

Re: A J Leitch-Smith

Postby Bluedog » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Port Vale offered him a new contract,after he rejected it their Chairman said his requirements have gone up six-fold and we 're not in that market, that may have something to do with the delay in the town meeting his demands.we shall see.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:16 am

he is playing for town now ,i do think some of the media speculation may be fueled by agents who are trying to raise the profile of certain players.
this year town seem more proactive in signing players were the message last year appeared to be we are waiting till the agents are more realistic in the wages we are willing to pay,yet it has been mentioned a number of times from different sources that town were the 9th biggest spending club in the league last year.
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:37 am

Both signings now confirmed on the website so that's great.
Jason Leutwiler has signed up for another two years and that's great too. My wife thinks he's gorgeous!!

Now that's all sorted out, I'll have a think about your "New Squad" post, Zen and post up my thoughts. Not now though; it's time for bed...
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:49 am

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... n-at-town/
this is really good news ,having him for another two years gives us some stability let us hope town can build a spine of a team to develop a team around key players.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat