Antoni Sarcevic signs

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Antoni Sarcevic signs

Postby matster » Sat May 28, 2016 9:24 am

The signings keep happening...

Antoni Sarcevic signs from Fleetwood on a two year deal. 24 year old attacking midfielder.

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/arti ... 28744.aspx

So that adds to Dodds, Lancashire and Deegan. That make three new midfielders. Wellens is transfer listed, Wesolowski gas been offered a deal, so is Black off?
matster

Re: Antoni Sarcevic signs

Postby lazchamp » Sat May 28, 2016 11:05 am

Wow! I would think that all the new midfielders will be expecting to be in the first XI - they won't have signed up to a season on the bench. As you say matster that could well mean that Black will be on his way and it could even influence Weso in whether or not to take up the offer of a new contract.
If Grimmer doesn't come back we will still be weak on the right side of defence and I'd love to see a proven target man up front. Although I am a fan of Collins, I agree with Zen that he has never really cut it at League 1 level (whether at Town, Swindon or Hibernian - they are a roughly similar standard to a good League 1 side, I'd say) and he's Town's highest earner apparently (£3,000 a week I read somewhere). So maybe he will be "made available" too.

Anyway, it's all looking good and I'm feeling more confident about next season already!
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 pm

we seem to be going for a mixture of attacking midfielders and the more physical midfield ,either way it looks promising we have to be better at using the midfield as part of the defense and a springboard for attack last season we were by passed far to easily
zenfootball

Postby Bluedog » Sat May 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Sarcevic is 6ft so gives us some height in the midfield, town are also after young Ben Heneghan a central defender from Chester FC.now we have a lot of mid field players we could do with a couple of forwards.i expect Collins and Barnett to move to new clubs.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Sat May 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Bluedog wrote:Sarcevic is 6ft so gives us some height in the midfield, town are also after young Ben Heneghan a central defender from Chester FC.now we have a lot of mid field players we could do with a couple of forwards.i expect Collins and Barnett to move to new clubs.

Barnett has made it very clear he does not wont to stay. i know this will cost but we need a proven goal scorer, if bradsahw and goldson do get sold that should free up some money.
http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... son-sales/
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:54 am

zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:54 am

zenfootball

Return to General Chat