Proposed new 20 clubs league set up

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Proposed new 20 clubs league set up

Postby Bluedog » Sun May 22, 2016 5:51 pm

I don't like it,our new CEO says fans will like not having to go to midweek games,well i like flood light games,i want to see more games not less, only 19 home games down from 23,to take away 8 games is too much, and what about the loss of revenue from the 4 lost home games, the club have said they need to use the stadium more to generate income so how can they support this proposal. the football league don't care what fans think.
Last edited by Bluedog on Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedog

Re: Proposed new 20 clubs league set up

Postby matster » Mon May 23, 2016 7:00 am

I'm not keen on the proposal either. It does smell of a money incentive by the higher clubs and the FL itself. Advertisers at the club might not be happy with it too. The facilities get used less, so there'd be less need to develop them too. Are they going to charge a similar ticket price as now, therefor the season ticket would have to be reduced.
matster

Postby lazchamp » Thu May 26, 2016 2:11 pm

I don't like it either. I expect most real fans will not want to give up the lost games and it's going to work against the smaller clubs for whom every last £ in gate receipts is vital. A talking head from the League said on Sky Sports News that it will mean smaller squads so smaller wage bills but I don't buy that idea.
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Fri May 27, 2016 11:06 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

I dont see how this would be good for us , less games ,less income surely financially that would mean smaller squads , the top premiership clubs would not be affected by this , i know this is only a suggestion and really hope we dont have premiership teams field B teams in our leagues , whilst we would see stars for the future we struggle to compete financially now.

i dont see any scheme to compensate the lower leagues just expected to take the hit for the benefit of football ?
zenfootball

Return to General Chat