Swindon game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Swindon game

Postby zenfootball » Wed May 04, 2016 3:04 pm

town can play this game with no pressure ,we are safe and i hope that might let town player feel free to express themselves and have a better performance, we will miss Kai Kai threat up front, i have previously said i did not think we had a cat in hell chance against Swindon but there form has slumped and they have slide down the table , we play better away it would be nice to finish on a win.

now we are safe negotiations will start were players could be in the shop window .
blackpool have a mathematical chance to stay up if they win and fleetwood lose it would mean Crewe would have to get back to back wins.
zenfootball

Re: Swindon game

Postby matster » Wed May 04, 2016 8:29 pm

I would assume that we will see more if our own players and possibly any loanees that mm might be considering making a move for. Grimmer might be the only loanee we see start.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Thu May 05, 2016 6:12 pm

matster wrote:I would assume that we will see more if our own players and possibly any loanees that mm might be considering making a move for. Grimmer might be the only loanee we see start.

i would hope so.
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Fri May 06, 2016 10:37 am

The Star is suggesting that MM might give some of the youngsters an appearance - Ethan Jones for one. I'd like to see that happen
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Fri May 06, 2016 4:01 pm

lazchamp wrote:The Star is suggesting that MM might give some of the youngsters an appearance - Ethan Jones for one. I'd like to see that happen

he was also on the radio saying he was planning to give the youngsters a chance
zenfootball

Postby matster » Sat May 07, 2016 9:50 am

Tomorrow is the last matchday before we don't know what to do with ourselves bar worrying about new signings and who's leaving.

Come on Town give us something good to talk about.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sat May 07, 2016 11:48 am

it would be nice if town just go out and go for it
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sun May 08, 2016 2:51 pm

502 loyal travelling fans witnessed a rare poor away performance, MM set up the team to play on the counter attack that did not happen much in the first half as town played deep.whilst Swindon had most of the possession and had better distribution they were not causing town much of a problem ,until a rash and clumsy challenge by Whitbread gave Swindon a goal from a penalty just before half time, the second had hardly started before more poor defending was a factor in Swindon having too much time to shoot, Cole fluffed towns best chance.

i had hope to see town go for it and too also see more of the young players , Ethan Jones and Callum Burton had there first team experience.this was an insipid performance were too many players did not show up, Swindon last goal was embarrassing as an ineffectual defense was by passed, Burton had no chance with any of the goals as Swindon also hit the woodwork twice as towns defense failed to protect him.
We badly missed Kai Kai.

we have conceded 79 goals ! which tells you everything about our defense .
we look to be having yet another big clear out with a large number of players out of contract,
zenfootball

Return to General Chat