sheffield united

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

sheffield united

Postby zenfootball » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:07 pm

town will need every bit of resilience as we face Sheffield united,things cant be closer so picking up the points in any way we can, at this point it does not matter how we do it,it does not matter about the quality of the performance,we have to fight for every ball and cover every blade of glass to get what we need .
zenfootball

Re: sheffield united

Postby Bluedog » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Good to read that we have the best playing surface in div1,it has not done our lot much good has it,lets hope they will surprise us all tonight with a win.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:18 pm

a lackluster performance by a team who have run out of ideas
what is find so frustrating is that the both goals we conceded are typical of most goals town have let in this season, the diagonal pass a static defense that fails to react to the player running in to space, the 20 yard shoot that is not closed down. what on earth does MM practice on the training ground.

i just sat in disbelief as Vassell took the penalty ,this is the player who cant score to save his life , why on earth did not a player who is scoring take the penalty.
town looked the most effective going down the wing and crossing but unfortunately town huffed and puffed and went for the kick and hope which Sheffield gratefully moped up.

I did not think that sheffield were that good and half decent performance from town would have got some vital points, this game can be added to a long list of home games that town wasted opportunities , lacked a cutting edge in front of goal and who's sloppy defending concede far too many goals , town were ineffectual and cluless.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:57 am

what is so frustrating is ; when i watched the Bradford game i thought we are going to be lucky to get anything, whilst watching the Sheffield game i thought there defense was surprisingly wobbly and we have a chance of getting something, town were so predictable with long ball after long ball that the Sheffield defense were able to manage with ease they had a big defender who must have thought it was Christmas, putting JLAA and Vassell up front does not work they are both similar players and only one of them scores the occasional goal

this season has shown the squad we have is not good enough, on the radio phone in someone said town were 9th biggest spending club in the league if that is true then something has gone badly wrong.
town were fortunate that Fleetwood lost and most of the other teams drew as it stands it seems two of the following teams are going down Chesterfield , Oldham Fleetwood , Town, Blackpool or Doncaster.
Crewe are down and Colchester need a miracle.

not long ago town looked to be going down, we then had a good run and now we are back in a poor run, out of the last four game one point is not what we need, i appreciate we are playing tough teams but we only have ourselves to blame the poor run around Christmas been unable to beat the teams around us and a season of dreadful defending and below par performances and this is what you get.towns Achilles heel is we lack consistency if we could play as we did against Sheffield Wednesday and the first half at home against Rochdale we would be in a different place,as it is we have ground hog day defending and a lack of composure and clinical finishing in front of goal, we are very dependent on Kai Kai. in the last two games our midfield was virtually invisible and easily by passed .

i have read MM's match report not sure he was watching the same game as me..
four games left too shred the nerves have no finger nails left , four game's were joy relief or despair will be just some of the emotions as we move in to squeaky bum time.
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:01 am

We were fortunate last Saturday, but our luck ran out this time. We possibly deserved a point but, obviously, you can't miss penalties and let in sloppy goals and expect to get away with it. All very worrying.
keithon57

Postby lazchamp » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:37 am

I wasn't at the game but I can well imagine what it was like. Like you, Zen, I wondered if MM was watching the same game - he seemed to think it was a good performance but then he's got to say that hasn't he?

I was glad to see Weso get a start. I wasn't so happy to see that Vassell was back up front with JLAA! And when I saw that he'd missed a pen I thought why the sweet Fanny A was he taking it?

I'm still pinning my hopes on Blackpool to go down. Ironically it may be a good thing that 3 of our last 4 games are away. Only 10 teams have more points than us away from home. Only 2 have fewer points at home!

Anyway, in less than 3 weeks it will all be over and we will know our fate. Then the inquest can begin. I'll save up my rant until then.The Star says that 17 players will be out of contract with 6 loanees due to go back to their clubs. Interesting summer ahead!

Meanwhile, 3 points at Gillingham please, lads!!
lazchamp

Postby Bluedog » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:14 am

I think Blackpool are our only hope, their fixtures are,
23rd Mar Fleetwood A 30th Wigan H 8th May Peterborough A. after listening to Melon on radio Shropshire,i think he must live on another planet, "dust ourselves down" i think the dust has already settled on div2. Doncaster are coming up on the outside rail they have to play Coventry H Crewe A and Burton H.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:01 pm

i really dont know what we can do with our defense as they have made the same mistakes all season, personally i would prefer JLAA paired up with mangan or whalley, Vassell has not worked and we dont have luxury of trying now , we have to survive and rebuild next season .
something has got to be done with the midfield the last two games both teams just walked right through them.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat