Zac Whitbread

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Zac Whitbread

Postby Bluedog » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Has he left the club there has been no mention of him,and MM has got the lad on loan from Wigan,knight Percival is a very good player but he gets far too many cards,he was very lucky to play against P/vale as he was on 10 yellow cards,but the FA set the card count to zero after the second Sunday in March,he was also suspended last season.he will be a very big loss in the next three games.
Bluedog

Re: Zac Whitbread

Postby zenfootball » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:07 pm

this is rather strange , it is not that long since he signed a contract with us, i thought he was off injured with a ham string .
knight Percival was very silly to get a red card in the way he did at such a crucial time in the season.
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:11 am

Yes, he picked up a hamstring injury a few games back and that's usually 6-8 weeks on the sidelines. His contract is only till the end of the season so we may not be seeing him again. It's a good job MM got Jack Hendry in although he couldn't have foreseen NKP's red card. Plonker! I thought Grandison looked pretty good on the whole on Friday, despite letting Dodds have a free header for Vale's goal and Dom Smith will be back from international duty so we should have a reasonably solid back four for Wigan on Saturday. We're going to need it!
lazchamp

Postby matster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

I'm sure it was mentioned in the star that he was injured, but it was only a mention in amongst other stuff.
matster

Postby lazchamp » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:21 am

He went off in the first half of the Doncaster game. I'm sure I read that he'd tweaked a hamstring. If so it's likely to be a few weeks before he's fit again - the Doncaster game was on 5 March.

Incidentally, I see from The Star that James Collins may have earned an extra year on his contract because he's played enough first team games (including games for Northampton I suppose) so we might have him back next season. I hope so in a way because I'd like to see him team up with Mangan again. I reckon I can forgive him his stupidity at Cheltenham - just about!
lazchamp

Postby matster » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:31 am

Collins with the right midfield supporting him will always be a dangerous player. We have improved our midfield but i don't think that it is still strong enough, some of the players are good at certain tasks but not all of them as something still feels like it is missing. Perhaps Weso will be that missing player?
matster

Postby lazchamp » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:45 pm

I totally agree matster. The midfield does seem to be lacking. I don't think we get enough goals from midfield for one thing (Kaikai excepted) so it was heartening to see Weso's screamer against Telford the other night. What a strike! And he did a full 90 minutes so he'll be back in the first team soon, hopefully.

Keep an eye on Ethan Jones as well. There's a name for the future I reckon.

As for Zac, he wasn't out for as long as I feared and only has a one game ban so that's good. I see Conor Goldson scored his first goal for Brighton at the weekend. How we miss him at set pieces!
lazchamp

Return to General Chat