remaining games

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

remaining games

Postby zenfootball » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:06 pm

town have a very tough few games, so were do you think we might get the points we need from to stay up? another six points is needed i dont wont to be in the position of still needing points when we playSwindon.

2nd April Wigan

9APR 2016 Millwall

16APR 2016 Bradford

19APR 2016 Sheff Utd

23APR 2016 Gillingham

26APR 2016 Walsall

30APR 2016 Peterboroug

8MAY 2016 Swindon
zenfootball

Re: remaining games

Postby lazchamp » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:39 am

They are certainly tough looking games but maybe that's a good thing. Town do seem to perform better against stronger opposition. I reckon 2 wins and 2 draws is quite possible, maybe better. I'm not going to predict where they will come from though!! Mind you 8 defeats is also possible - ask Doncaster (thank goodness for them! One point from their last 36 - incredible!)
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:55 pm

lazchamp wrote:They are certainly tough looking games but maybe that's a good thing. Town do seem to perform better against stronger opposition. I reckon 2 wins and 2 draws is quite possible, maybe better. I'm not going to predict where they will come from though!! Mind you 8 defeats is also possible - ask Doncaster (thank goodness for them! One point from their last 36 - incredible!)

things are very changeable doncaster and peterborough were in free fall now two wins for peterborough and they in 14th, two wins and a draw have lifted blackpool up to 19th
zenfootball

Postby matster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Sheffield, Gillingham and Peterborough could be potentially profitable games.

I feel that Wigan will cause us problems thus Saturday though.
matster

Postby Bluedog » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:59 am

We are now only two points clear of the bottom four,and with knight Persival and Whitbread out, plus the loss of Brown, i cant see were the 6 points we need are going to come from,Whitbread may only be suspended for one game.?
Bluedog

Postby lazchamp » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:37 pm

It's getting a bit hairy isn't it?

Not to worry though. I reckon we'll pick up a couple more wins, possibly somewhere quite unexpected - ask Burton and Sheffield Utd.

It's unfortunate that the four danger teams (Oldham, Blackpool, Fleetwood and Chesterfield - I sort of rule out Doncaster although perhaps I shouldn't) all seem to have run into a bit of form. But Blackpool only have 5 games left - they have to go to Fleetwood, Rochdale and Peterborough. They also have the prospect of Wigan at home and we all know what that could mean! Their other home game is against Colchester who are another team to have done well recently. So Blackpool are my tip to go down with Crewe, Colchester and Doncaster

But it does depend on Town getting a couple of wins. If they lose their remaining 7 games all bets are off!! Oh God! I can hardly stand it! 50 years a Town fan and once again they are putting us through the wringer. My wife can't understand why I put myself through it and to be honest I can't really explain it to her.

Just for fun I predict wins against Sheffield Utd and Peterborough and draws with Bradford and Walsall. And, from a position of safety, we will end up by stuffing Swindon on 8 May!
lazchamp

Return to General Chat