Crewe game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Crewe game

Postby zenfootball » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:09 am

as this articles shows Crewe are pron to making slow starts ,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34260793

Steve Davies is not planing to add any loan players, Crew have a production line of players from there academy ,you know what you are facing with Crewe they tend to keep it on the ground and have players with the ability to retain the ball and distribute the ball well,
i have seen a few of the highlights of there game and as previously discussed the margins at the level between a loss, draw and win are tight, like town they have found goals hard to come by we dont wont them to find there scoring boots against us.
town need to work on been more consistent ,better distribution and finishing in the last third, having Clark in an linking attacking midfield role has helped, Cole is a bit rusty but was improving all the way through the Southend game. we have a new midfielder who has been described as an all round midfielder, we will miss Wesolowski even in his brief not fully fit return his ability to snuff out potential threats is something we need.

Crewe are a quality team no one should underestimate them however i think with both teams struggling to score the team that can score first will have a big psychological advantage, one thing we must not let Crewe settle if we let them play there passing game they will give us a lot of problems.
zenfootball

Re: Crewe game

Postby zenfootball » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:05 am

Black was talking himself up in an interview in yesterdays Shropshire star,if he is half as good as he thinks he is then he will be a big help.anyone can talk the talk the crewe game is time for him to walk the walk.
to be fair to him he has played 70 minutes in a reserve game ,so i would think is probably not fully fit and a bit rusty so he will need a few games to catch up.
zenfootball

Postby matster » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:15 am

Story in the Star today is going to be about Goldson will it be about a possible loan back to us?

Hopefully Clark and Cole remain in cm for today's game as I'd like to see them play together as it seems like a good partnership has been formed. Black will probably be on the bench as he had a run in the reserve game. Kaikai is a left sided winger and might precede JLAA getting a starting place.

Hopefully we'll see a win today.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:05 pm

matster wrote:Story in the Star today is going to be about Goldson will it be about a possible loan back to us?

Hopefully Clark and Cole remain in cm for today's game as I'd like to see them play together as it seems like a good partnership has been formed. Black will probably be on the bench as he had a run in the reserve game. Kaikai is a left sided winger and might precede JLAA getting a starting place.

Hopefully we'll see a win today.

i would be happy to have him back but would he want to come?
town need a home win ,i expect a tough game town must play for whole 90 minutes
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Grandison trying to be clever in the last third lost possession instead of clearing the ball was a major factor in a well taken goal, another mistake in the second half nearly got us in trouble, conceding a goal in opening few minutes can leave a team stunned so town did so well to come back we had a number of chances, we looked the better team crewes defense looked wobbly, Clark hit the crossbar, a header went wide with an inviting open goal , a great chance when saddler was one to one was wasted with a powder shoot, ogogo fluffed a shoot when he had more time than he realized.

second half crewe were content to sit back and hit us on the break, cole and kaikai looked useful, town created chances we had some good corners ,we had most of the possession but were unable to convert it to a goal.
it was frustrating to watch town seemed to want to walk it in, often they over complicated things, they wanted that extra touch which resulted in the door been closed shut, too many players bottled shooting when in good positions.
town cant afford to lose to teams below them ,they cant afford to get nothing from a game when they had so many chances .
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:42 am

Home hoodoo strikes again!

The goal was sloppy. Even after Jermaine's error, I felt we could have closed their forward down. Good finish, though.

After that, there was no lack of effort but, yet again, we lacked that bit of quality and composure necessary to break down a resolute defence. On the positive side, Cole and Kaikai look quick and skilful.
keithon57

Postby zenfootball » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:19 am

keithon57 wrote:Home hoodoo strikes again!

The goal was sloppy. Even after Jermaine's error, I felt we could have closed their forward down. Good finish, though.

After that, there was no lack of effort but, yet again, we lacked that bit of quality and composure necessary to break down a resolute defence. On the positive side, Cole and Kaikai look quick and skilful.

I agree Keithon57 the defense was a bit slow to react and also we struggle to break down defenses,this is something you would hope MM would sort out in the training ground,yes we did lack the compsure in front of goal but what i also observed was too many players getting in to good shooting positions and going for a pass instead of sticking there boot laces through the ball.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:12 pm

zenfootball

Return to General Chat