woods leaves

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

woods leaves

Postby zenfootball » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 am

woods has been a hard working loyal players and i wish him all the best at a bigger club,he went for an undisclosed sum the rumours in hte ground was with add ons it was a million, between him,goldson and the young keeper you hope this will be enough to keep town in profit this year and be able to invest in developing more young players.
zenfootball

Re: woods leaves

Postby matster » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Yep good luck to him. Hope he excels and gets bought up by a decent premiership clubs after Brentford get promoted themselves : -D
Hopefully thehole he's left will be filled by the others in his shadow. Last nights result will lift some hearts but we do need a decent and comfortable league win under our belts.
matster

Postby keithon57 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Sadly, it was fairly inevitable that Woodsy would move on. Fair play to him. I hope he does well.
Luckily, the timing is fortuitous, with Weso back in the reckoning. We should still be strong enough to survive in this division.
keithon57

Postby lazchamp » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Yes, it's a shame he's gone but no great surprise. I thought he was the stand out player on Saturday and the Brentford watchers (I'm guessing they had one or two people in the stand) must have been licking their chops.

This puts a bit more meat on the story.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... turn-down/

The sales of Woods, Goldson, Ginelly and Lewis in recent weeks mean Town will have trousered getting on for £2 mill. with maybe more to come further down the line. Not bad at all.
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:11 pm

lazchamp wrote:Yes, it's a shame he's gone but no great surprise. I thought he was the stand out player on Saturday and the Brentford watchers (I'm guessing they had one or two people in the stand) must have been licking their chops.

This puts a bit more meat on the story.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... turn-down/

The sales of Woods, Goldson, Ginelly and Lewis in recent weeks mean Town will have trousered getting on for £2 mill. with maybe more to come further down the line. Not bad at all.

Thanks for that lazychamp let us hope they use the money to develop players for the future ; this article claims the money will be spent on;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34117981
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:10 am

That's an interesting article, Zen. Nice find.

Just to correct you on one small point. The name is "Laz" not "Lazy". My grown up name is Lawrence or Larry, but people have always called me Laz. My wife laughed when I told her and said how come you know me so well!
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:36 pm

lazchamp wrote:That's an interesting article, Zen. Nice find.

Just to correct you on one small point. The name is "Laz" not "Lazy". My grown up name is Lawrence or Larry, but people have always called me Laz. My wife laughed when I told her and said how come you know me so well!

I am so sorry really mortified just glad you can see the funny side
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:16 pm

As we've run out of Woods', we'll have to use Cole.

Apologies.
keithon57

Postby matster » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Nice one
matster

Postby zenfootball » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:52 pm

very witty
zenfootball

Return to General Chat