Oldham

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Oldham

Postby zenfootball » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Town are on there travels with only one point out of nine and a less than stellar start to the season,we are also now in the post Goldson era and i will miss one of towns most reliable defenders.
Oldham have won 1 game and drawn 2, this will be another tough game , they have two clean sheets and have a very organized team, after such a dismal performance in our last game,we can only hope that MM has sorted things out, welcome to Sam Patterson to town on a 1 year contract.

this is proving a steep learning curve for town but we must be more switched on in defense, have more urgency going forward with better link up to our forwards and we have to really work out how to unlock well organized teams , rather than have lots of possession then have no idea of what to do and just pass it sideways before the inevitable pass back which often results in a kick and hope ball.
zenfootball

Re: Oldham

Postby keithon57 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:48 pm

I'm pleased to see that Patterson has signed. He looked very useful in the pre-season matches.

It will be interesting to see how the team responds to last Tuesday's performance.
keithon57

Postby zenfootball » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:29 am

town have to dig deep find the inner strength and play for 90 minutes today a point will feel like a win.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:30 pm

Town badly needed a result so an away point against a well organized team is a good result ,however we give away another penalty and we did not play for 90 minutes.
credit to town who came back from a goal down to draw.
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:13 am

This sounded a much-improved performance. Credit to Town for battling back after conceding to the softest of penalty decisions. Town finished the stronger and were perhaps unfortunate not to take all three points. The second-half subs seemed to give us a boost.
keithon57

Postby zenfootball » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:03 am

saw the goals and it was a soft penalty but in todays game you breath on a player in the box and you risk a penalty,town need to learn this as this is the second penalty in four games. Collins showed patience and composure in the box to pull town back and save them from the worst start in 15 years.

Town old boy Bradshaw has made flying start to the season with 5 goals in four games.whilst Jimmy Ryan scored a rocket for fleetwood.
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:00 pm

It was an important point. I like the fact that Shaun Whalley seemed to make a difference when he came on. Makes me think more than ever that he needs a proper run, maybe even a start against Palace on Tuesday to see what he can do.

More and more I think of Tom Bradshaw as the one who got away. I don't think he was ever given a proper chance under GT and his confidence was probably pretty shot. Obviously a different player at Walsall where he's fully appreciated - he got nearly 20 goals last season didn't he? - despite being out injured for quite a while. As Joni Mitchell sang: "You don't know what you've got till it's gone".
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:18 pm

lazchamp wrote:It was an important point. I like the fact that Shaun Whalley seemed to make a difference when he came on. Makes me think more than ever that he needs a proper run, maybe even a start against Palace on Tuesday to see what he can do.

More and more I think of Tom Bradshaw as the one who got away. I don't think he was ever given a proper chance under GT and his confidence was probably pretty shot. Obviously a different player at Walsall where he's fully appreciated - he got nearly 20 goals last season didn't he? - despite being out injured for quite a while. As Joni Mitchell sang: "You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

Walsall plays to his strength's also as you say his confidence was at rock bottom with us.

Crystal palace does give MM the chance to try out fringe players or a different formation.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat