Town 2 Cardiff 2 - Friendly

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Town 2 Cardiff 2 - Friendly

Postby keithon57 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:10 pm

This was an entertaining match between two seemingly evenly-matched squads (credit to Town). Conditions were good and the pitch superb. However, defences dominated and there were few chances at either end. Town looked great in the new kit; the Bluebirds played in all red. The crowd was sparse, although credit to Cardiff for bringing the best part of a thousand. Impressive.

Town starting eleven:
Leutwiler

Tootle
Grandison
Goldson
Sadler

Junior Brown
Woods
Wood M
JLAA

Barnett
Agogo

Kick off was delayed by 15 minutes, due to the lengthy queue for tickets (I guess). Once underway, Town opened the scoring with their first serious attack. JLAA was clumsily floored in the box and duly dispatched the spot-kick. Cardiff then started to make more headway. They equalised following a defensive mix-up (as far as I could see from distance). Later, M Wood nearly restored our lead when his excellent free-kick flew just wide.

H.T: 1-1

At the break, off went: Tootle, Grandison, Wood, Barnett and Agogo. On came Patterson, Ellis, Lawrence, Collins and McAlinden, respectively. Later, Demitriou replaced Sadler and McKnight replaced Woods. Cardiff also made a number of changes, including the introduction of Da Silva. However, things remained fairly even until City took the lead. An incorrectly awarded free-kick just outside the box was slotted home. Town grabbed a late equaliser when Collins prodded-in an easy chance.

Of the new faces, I particularly liked the look of Martin Wood, an energetic and combative midfielder. Overall, it was a pleasing first home match. Onwards and upwards!
keithon57

Re: Town 2 Cardiff 2 - Friendly

Postby matster » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:11 pm

I couldn't make the game, so thanks for the report. It sounds like we have added some good players to our good squad.
matster

Re: Town 2 Cardiff 2 - Friendly

Postby zenfootball » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:46 pm

thanks for the informative match report.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat